US$149
US$314
US$195
Radisson Blu
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

US$204
US$335
US$295
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$228
ibis
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We stayed here in a mixed dormer 8 bedroom room over the weekend of 25-05-2018 until 27-05-2018.
The reason for our stay was to do the Edinburgh Marathon Festival
In terms of location it is excellent for central Edinburgh and with good local transport systems seconds away.
The staff were very friendly
The room was adequate and it had a nice powerful shower with hot water
Towel hire was 2 quid
The sleep quality was a little disrupted because of late night music from a nearby bar, this is nothing to do with the hostel, but it did effect our rest for the running.
I would recommend and i would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of 6 read review before hand and was a little put off however to late to change.

Upon getting there the place was great and spotless we had a dorm room to ourself. Only downside there was only mirror for six girls haha

The staff on reception was also very accommodating especially Debbie who went out of her way to help us and arrange taxis.

As far as hostels good this was great !

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

I would have never imagine staying in that horribly dirty hostel for more that £18 per night. I understand that it’s a hostel, however, the regular cleanliness is something basic and important.
All the previous pictures added by another people are true! I was feeling sick of staying there and looking on a floor.
It is my first complaint like this ever (I travel a lot) but I hope it will help people not to ruin there experience in Edinburgh.

Another thing- very impolite, careless and unhelpful staff. There was no way to chase the manager who apparently doesn’t even care about any issue. The email with complaint sent to them was never answered. One woman in the reception could argue with me that my room was cleaned by her. Well, I don’t know how was is done if the floor and carpet looked like it hasn’t seen the hoover for months. Pieces of literally everything were on the floor and I am not talking only about the dust.
I met a lady who came to the hostel after 8pm (from this time the reception is closed) and she could not reach anyone on the mobile number given. She had problem with getting in to the room, because the instruction she got were wrong. I have not idea what happened after, because she decided to leave the building.
What is more funny. I met two guys a week ago who came to Safestay hostel in Edinburgh because they came again after the reception was closed, and same like the other lady - didn’t get to the building. It is just unacceptable!!!

Please if you have any other option, don’t go to this place!!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank kingx17x
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The worst experience in a hostel ever. I have been in more than 15 hostels in my life just to make sure I know the standards of hostels.
I am going to start from the beginning. We came to Edinburgh, with two weeks paid in this "hostel", well I would not even call this place a hostel. The first day we arrive just in the hall we realise how different look from the pictures, which you can find in Booking, but never mind. After the lady in reception was unhelpful, the opposite that should be a receptionist in a hostel. We carried our heavy staff in a deteriorate and dirty steps, until top level. The room for 6 people small and dirty. The floor was full of sand and under every single bed disgusting tissues, bags, plastic bottles, papers.. mostly things from probably weeks ago. After two days we realise that no one took care of the cleaning, even though they just put all rubbish under the beds one more time. Unfortunately after just two days and half, my girlfriend got some skin allergic because of the dust in the dirtiest room I have ever been.
We decided to move from there and next day I went there to explain the situation in very polite way. One thing that I make clear is that could be good arrange a deal, they can rent the room and at least my girlfriend can get some refund. As the manager was not there I gave my phone number, email and explaining the issue we had in the room. The guy type whole information and informed me to send another email with my own message, so I did.
After three days no one contacted us, so I come back. In this time was the same lady than the first day, she told that the previous guy didn't send any information and obviously no one new there about our problem. She sent apparently a WhatsApp to the manager and told me that in less than 24 hours the manager will be in contact with us. Also I explain that even if my girlfriend is not coming I will, if we do not get any refund, I expected no one in ours bed.
After another three days no one replied us. This time my girlfriend and I decided to go together. We talked with another guy which was new and didn't know anything but made clear to us he will pass the message to the manager.
After three days none reply again. Well, before checking out day we decided to go there, and try to find out what happened, why no one call or email us in more than 10 days? Outside of the door was the lady of the reception smoking where was full of cigarette stubs... we wait 5 minutes until she finished. We explained again the situation and she just came with cheap excuses any time we asked for answer. The managers were in holidays, also in the hospital, also in a meeting in Glasgow, also in another country... after I mentioned that the room was still dirty as the first day and she could come with me and see with her own eyes, she reacted in rude way and moaning why I went upstairs when the room is close because is too small for 6 people (the room they gave to us!!) and shouldn't be open after summer.... Even she told that some days ours bed were used for other customers. Finally keep repeating that everyone can have skin allergic to the dust, so what is my girlfriend problem... not even a sorry.
I hope this review help future customer to avoid such a horrible place.
PS: The location is nothing special and the price is too expensive. I would choose stay under bridge than stop here.
PS2: The pictures I have attached show the room (empty) , the steps and the toilet.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Ibbense
City S, Guest Relations Manager at City Stay Hostel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We value all reviews, positive and negative.

Having read your review, I am at a loss somewhat. You state that the room and building was dirty however, I have checked with the management team at the hostel and can confirm that the cleaning checklists for the date by which you stayed, were completed.

I note your wife had an allergic reaction while staying with us. I find this extremely unlikely to believe that the building, room or bedding caused this. The reason being, you state in your email she had an allergic reaction on her chest - therefore, its reasonable to assume that this reaction was caused while she was in bed? - unless she was rubbing her chest of the floor?

Our linen is removed from the hostel and laundered by an outside company. The company boil wash all bedding before its repacked into air sealed plastic bags and delivered to the property. The linen is then stored in the same plastic bags until its required. There is absolutely nothing your partner could have been allergic to within the aforementioned bedding - its just cotton, thats been boil washed. It doesn't have detergent, it doesn't have softener.

You state that you returned many times and received a less than acceptable approach from the receptionist however, you neglect to add that you were confrontational and argumentative and over and above, retained a key for the main door despite not being a guest.

We are sorry you have had a negative experience however, all of the information provided here was given to you when you initially made your concerns known - sometimes, its just not what you want to hear!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Avoid this hostel: rooms are super dirty, sockets are randomly allocated only on certain walls, mattresses are extremely uncomfortable and dirty at the same time. Wifi only "working" at ground floor and in the kitchen (at the basement). I would not even call this place a hostel. I have seen way better hostels during my travels, mainly in the way they welcome and treat guests. Better to pay a bit more and choose another location. Luckily we were staying just one night...

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends