All reviews city centre apartment was clean a short taxi journey stag do breakfast cereals great apartments tesco supermarket tea and coffee iron board washing machine bus stop weekend break fringe festival cooker bedding taxis soap
Reviewed 2 January 2016

After booking I read reviews & wasn't sure about it but thought we'd try it. Parking was fine. Entrance door was never locked & needed a sweep. Our room was ok. One room had a pair of dirty men's work trousers in wardrobe with a carrier bag,drawer had can of deodorant in them. So obviously it wasn't cleaned properly. Window sill in kitchen was also dirty. Door into ensuite had big hole in it. Other bathroom shower head didn't look to strong. They breakfast starter pack was there but I didn't use them as they weren't sealed packets & you just never know. I just didn't fancy using marmalade etc that was opened. I know there's a lot of people using apartments but needed a bit more time getting into the corners. Bit pricy but we were there for new year. Good thing is they take dogs. Would I stay again well probably but just overnight or so.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank julie t
Reviewed 14 December 2015

My son booked the apartments,though spacious the bed was covered in glitter and had obviously not been cleaned,my wife and I are now home and have bites all over us,I can't think where else these have come from.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2015

Looks great in brochure but in actuality..... kitchen window stuck open, wind whistling through all the windows in the flat so some guests could not sleep. Mice running around the bedroom. Out of hours help is unavailable. No one answering mobile or landline helpline. Stuck here with the whistling wind and hole in the wall access for mice. Anyone got reliable taxi number?

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Monica20146
lexy864, Owner at Lochend Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2015

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay at Lochend Apartments.

We have a 24 hour out of hours number, i am sorry that you was unable to get anyone on this number, our office hours are 9am - 6pm, i will have this looked into and ensure that this does not happen again, we do ask that a message is left if you are unable to get through to us and we will return your call.

On your departure, you did mention that their was a mouse and we did infact show you that we have measures put in place, which we have in place throughout the whole year, it is unfortunate that we cannot stop mice, especially at this time of year, we do ensure the apartments are cleaned to a high standard, that rubbish is not left out. We have 42 apartments based on the same site and this has been the first complaint that we have had this year.

Regarding the whistling windows, again this is not a common complaint, we have had terrible weather for the last week, and very high winds. Unfortunately this sort thing is out of our control, we did tell you on usual circumstances that we would move you apartment however we were fully booked this weekend and so that was not an option.

Regards

Lochend Apartments

Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed three nights at the apartments and walked into the city each day. Staff were friendly and helpful. There was no issue changing rooms after we detected a hint of tobacco smoke in the first apartment offered. Some initial minor problems with the washing machine and TV were quickly rectified. We were provided with a double room apartment which was clean and well appointed. It's probably time for a redecoration. We were comfortable. A private hire car is the best way to get into town if you don't want to walk.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

Back again! Spotless warm and good as always. Apartments are clean, new flooring in our apartment bedding is spotless and ironed to perfection, I just love the freedom of the apartments we've been lots of times now. Good facilities near by good bus route that isn't dear!!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family