Reviews (1 175)
1 175 results
All reviews arthur's seat city centre salisbury arms quiet residential street holyrood park dalkeith road commonwealth pool minute bus ride royal mile great hosts small hotel triple room breakfast was included friendly hotel great shower hot breakfast street parking
290 - 295 of 1 175 reviews
Reviewed 18 January 2016

Came to Edinburgh with my partner for a 2 night stay in this nice little hotel.

Location: not on the main streets of Edinburgh which I thought would be a problem being unfamiliar with the area, however it turns out the "southside" of Edinburgh has many nice attractions and places to eat within a very very short distance of the hotel. It is particularly close to Arthurs seat which we walked up on our first morning!

Rooms: rooms where very cosy and immaculately clean. Tea and coffee facilities which is always nice, TV, nice bedding, seating etc. The bathrooms where the standout feature and alongside being spotless are also very homely with an amazing shower.

staff: It was very quiet when we stayed which only enhanced our stay however the times we did see staff they where very friendly and helpful :), they where even so good as to book our taxi back to the airport for us!

breakfast: typical continental style buffet with the option of ordering from the delicious breakfast menu included with the room :), also in a lovely setting with lots of attention paid to nice little details like having many types of tea.

Loved it here and found it to be a little gem outside the tourist hustle and bustle of the city center, would definitely recommend to others and return!

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General_Manager_0008, Manager at Hotel Ceilidh-Donia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Reviewed 10 January 2016

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel in July for our stay in Edinburgh and we enjoyed our stay. There is no elevator so be aware of that if you have a lot luggage. We had a room on the second floor and it was comfortable and clean which is all that I can ask for. We had everything we needed and more. As for the location, yes it is not in the city center but we enjoyed that. The bus stop is right around the corner and is easily accessible. Sometimes at night we would take a taxi back and it never cost us more than 6 or 7 pounds to get back from the city center. We were provided with a bus schedule by the owners and we were able to figure it out fairly quickly. The breakfast was excellent and although sometimes service was slow, it gave you an opportunity to speak to other guests in the dining room.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

Hotel located close to Commonwealth Pool 25 minute walk from Royal mile close to Arthur's seat, ideal for walking, though close to bus route if you don't fancy that.
Car parking on street at weekends was easy right in front of hotel.
It's a very nice traditional family run hotel, with very friendly staff and owners, great breakfast, and great price. We will definitely use again.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 December 2015

Stayed here recently for one night. The location is great, very quiet but close enough to the city centre to reach it easily. The staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. The room was large and cosy at the same time, very warm and had everything we needed. Nice touches of the coffee making facilities, great toiletries too. The power shower was very good.

Breakfast was excellent, well cooked and tasty.

I would have given it 5 stars but the only downside was the bed (mattress) was fairly hard and not too comfortable. Aside from that had a very good stay and would stay here again, hoping that they could consider getting some comfy thick mattress toppers to improve the beds and then it really would be faultless!

Overall, excellent value for money and I would return, thank you.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

This hotel is extremely clean and all of the staff are very friendly and we had a wonderful time. The breakfast is excellent and the Chef was always very friendly and welcoming. The owners gave us great directions, a wonderful map and suggestions for places to eat nearby. It's also easy to catch the bus to Prince Street and to see the Castle. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to come to Edinburgh and have a wonderful experience. Great price for perfect accommodations.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
General_Manager_0008, Manager at Hotel Ceilidh-Donia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2015