“Wonderful Holiday!!”
other travellers have booked this property
living room with sofa bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
living room with sofa bed
Kitchen
Expandable Table
King size bed can split into two single beds if it asked
Double bed with a sofa double bed
Bunk bed
First bathroom
Second bathroom
Playhouse Theater and Calton Hill
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
BCDLew
“Wonderful Holiday!!”
Reviewed 28 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

The facilities and location were impressive. A home from home with more than was expected. Spacious, warm and comfortable with a lot of room for the six adults present.
Central location meant an easy walk to the railway station, shopping district, Church, restaurants, Tesco Express and theatre. The property owner, Giovanna, always responded to emails and requests in a prompt and professional manner. It was important to me that my family (coming over from Italy) and my elderly mother, had a wonderful Edinburgh holiday experience and they did! Giovanna very kindly put up a beautiful christmas tree for us too.

There is an excellent Italian restaurant downstairs from the flat called Giulliano's and the food was second to none (my family come from Milan and always eat out so would know!) The owner (Angelo) and staff were very attentive and gave us excellent service.

Holiday makers need to note - there are pubs around Picardy Place and a main road outside the flat thus police cars & ambulances went by every few minutes; also oud cheer and some fights occurred (possibly due to this time of year but it's a city...) and general street noise could be heard. This wasn't a problem for us being used to 'community entertainment' in the area we live in and my 84 year old mum slept through it too :-)

ALSO - there are approx 70 steps to the flat on the third floor. Again my mum took her time going up whilst holding the hand rail and she did this several times with little concern but a lot of support so people with mobility issues need to be aware that there is no lift in this property.

If I wanted to go to Edinburgh for another time, I would look at staying in Picardy Place again

We had a fantastic holiday -
Grazie Giovanna! Ci vediamo xx

28 Dec 2014
Hi Carla,
Thank you for your wonderful words, it has been a pleasure for me to have you and your family as my guests.You're such a nice family to deal with.
Angelo and I would love to welcome you again in the future.
Grazie ancora e a presto.

Buon Anno Nuovo!:-)

P.S.
Just to point out that on the apartment website there is information about the Central Location and that the apartment is situated in a Listed Building on the third floor, without a lift, and has also secondary glass windows to reduce 80% of the City Center noise.
We try our best for our customers.
Thanks again
Sally_H55...
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment in central location”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our five night stay in this apartment. It is very conveniently located being an easy walk to Princes Street, the station and other places of interest and lots of eateries close at hand. The apartment was extremely comfortable and clean, and also well equipped - nice touches such as hairdryers etc. The owner was very efficient, answering all queries very promptly. Highly recommended!

Travelling group: Large Group
26 Aug 2014
Thank you so much Sally for your wonderful words it has been my pleasure have you as my guests and I definitely hope to welcome you again in future.
fi1890
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cannot recommend enough!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Stayed here with a group of friends (both male and female) during the Edinburgh Festival and I have nothing bad to say at all. Beautifully decorated apartment in a fantastic location (straight opposite the Playhouse Theatre and five mins walk from Princes St and the Royal Mile). The place was spotless when we arrived, with plenty of linen and towels. Had all the amenities we needed and the beds were extremely comfortable. The apartment is at the top of several flights of steep stairs, but well worth the climb!

6 Aug 2014
Hi Katie,
Thank so much for your wonderful words it's been a pleasure have you as my guests . I hope to welcome again next year.
Kind regards
seasiders...
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“What a great week we had!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We have just returned from Edinburgh having spent a week in Room 5 Picardy Place and what a great week we had. The main purpose of our visit was the Commonwealth Games so staying close to the rail and coach network was key and Picardy Place was ideal; it is also adjacent to the tram terminus which was great for transport to and from the airport. The bonus for two of us was that as members of Virgin Active gym we could use the Virgin Active gym almost opposite.

It is handily located for walks into the centre and for more scenic hill walks e.g. Arthurs Seat, which has some great views over Edinburgh.

The apartment itself was very clean, modern looking and spacious and the 7 of us (4 Adults, two 20 year-olds and a 15-year old fitted nicely into the 3-bedrooms. Room 5 is on the 3rd floor but we had no difficulty walking up the stairs. The lounge area was great because we could all relax together comfortably after a long day trekking round Glasgow (for the Games),

We felt the apartment was good value for money at a time when most hotels had bumped their prices up because of high demand.

We enjoyed some great weather in Edinburgh and most nights were hot so sleeping with windows open made it more comfortable but this had the disadvantage of being disturbed by the noise of revellers nearby; there was plenty of competition between us for the portable fan!.

The Wi-fi was very handy also.

Thanks again for help in making our week so great.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and accomodation space
Liked least: The warm nights
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 Aug 2014
Hello
Thank you so much for your wonderful words it's been my pleasure to have you all as my guests and I'm glad you had a nice time in Edinburgh .
I really hope to welcome you again in future and I promise .. You'll find a fan each !!!!
Thanks again
Melissa V
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Amazing place would definetely book again!we all had a great time;the location was perfect for all of us!the flat accomodated the whole family,it was bright spacious and very comfortable.fantastic view of carlton hill and it's only two minutes from trams station.

20 Jun 2014
Thank you Melissa for you wonderful word it's been fantastic have you and your family as my guest!!
Hope to welcome you again in future.
Giovanna
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing