US$216
US$190
  • Breakfast included
US$252
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$195
Reviews (2 147)
2 147 results
1 030
1 030
All reviewsdouble treebread streetwarm cookiescastle viewroyal milegrass marketon arrivallothian roadfourth floorusher halllovely hotelgrassmarket areaminute walkhotel barstreet noisehaggisprinces street
27 - 32 of 2 147 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Great location sadly let down by poor service.
1. Unable to check in at 3, had to wait until 4
2. Given room on top (4th floor) which was next to the Sky Bar. This is attached to and solely for the use of the penthouse which was taken by a wedding party. Event on with loud music until midnight. As the hotel was fully booked they couldn’t move us
3. Had to ask twice for extra pillows - first time apparently went to the wrong room
4. We left some keys in the room and asked the hotel to post them on. They charged us for the postage (fair enough) plus a £5 admin fee!
Overall level of service not adequate for a 4 star hotel from a major chain

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the sky bar
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Graham I
ronald_little, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Graham I,

I am so sorry to reads that your stay with us was marred by poor service and noise from our function room until midnight with the hotel fully meaning we were unable to offer you a room move.

We work hard to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay with us however we clearly failed on this occasion for which I would like to sincerely apologise. The simple mistake for pillow delivery was clearly compounded by the other issues starting with your inability to check in by the agreed 3pm time that we set our standards too.

I am sorry that you left the hotel with a less than favorable opinion of your stay with us with your feedback shared with the team to ensure we learn from our shortfalls and continually improve our service.

With sincere apologies

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I had all but given up on Hilton as a brand after consistentlt poor experiences and service. The Double Tree Edinburgh is a shining light in the Hilton Family and others should take note! We were welcomed by a wonderful lady at check in who could not have been warmer or more welcoming. I did ask to speak to the duty manager the next morning so I could personally provide feedback as she was exceptional alas I was ignored as I stood waiting for him whilst he discussed operational issues with a colleaugue, i also suggest he come and see me at breakfast and he didn't. That was a shame as it would have been nice to recognise the staff member. All staff encounters were warm and friendly and the one issue we faced with a very smelly shower curtain (Yuk!) was quickly resolved.

Rooms are comfortable, a little on the dark side and others have noted the lack of space in the bathrooms BUT the hotel is great for a city visit but double glazing and air con were needed. There is some noise in the mornings as the hallway floors creak as housekeepimg begins their rounds but we had twp good nights sleep and were very comfortable.

It is the warmth if the staff and their great attitude that makes this hotel so great and Hilton should bottle this formula rather than the "make it right" robotic mantra spouted at most hotels where there is little care or warmth in the service.

If back in Edinburgh we would certainly return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BigT71
ronald_little, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear BigT71,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us after poor experiences elsewhere and for sharing your experience.

Although we clearly did restore your faith in the brand, we clearly did not achieve 100% guest satisfaction for which I would like to apologise. I will speak with the Manager on Duty who clearly did not deliver the type of service experienced throughout the hotel and will also speak with Housekeeping to understand why the shower curtain was not cleaned as per our normal standards.

I appreciate your feedback and time as this will enable us to continually improve our service delivery and overall guest satisfaction which is very important to us.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Edinburgh has many hills and this hotel, with the facade of an old building, is at the top of one of them. The hotel is first class and we were given an up-grade in rooms. The room was nicely decorated, had high ceilings and was large.The hotel staff was helpful and was good about calling a taxi for a 6 AM departure. Unfortunately we were not able to enjoy a breakfast here because of the early departure. The location of the hotel is good, near shopping and restaurants. This is a hotel I would return to.

Room Tip: Only a 5 minute ride from Waverly train station
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank vinceclark

Dear vinceclark,

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us with the hotel's location within the city as well as the exceptional service received and of course the upgrade which was an added bonus.

I am sorry that you missed breakfast and hope that you will stay with us longer next time you are in the city.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

This is a renovated hotel inside an old department store. Because i had to join hilton's loyalty programme when booking,the checking in process was fairly straight forward.
My room was clean and modern, albeit on the smaller size. The bed was comfortable.
The hotel uses some unique features to impress. For example on my arrival in the evening, i realised that the safe was not working. I reported it to the recption and i was told it would be fixed the next day. I even received a text message confirming this. Now, in my opinion, a good inspection when preparing the room for tge next guest ( i in this case), would have identified the fault and addressed it before my arrival.
The breakfast is bare standard and not exciting. Like me, many guests preferred slices from the loaf of brown bread, that would disappear within minutes on arrival. Yet, no new loaf would be provided. It seemed as if there was a policy of one loaf of brown bread for the entire of breakfast session per day. The staff are friendly and helpful. They do their best to sort things out quickly. Overall, i think this was a good bargain. I would therefore recommend it.

Room Tip: Register with hilton's loyalty programme
Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Kaveh M
ronald_little, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Kaveh M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for joining our Hilton Honors Loyalty program which offers you an additional 5% from our best available rate.

I am sorry to read that your stay was marred by the safe that should have been noted before your arrival and the lack of the additional loaf for breakfast which is not something that makes any sense. We bake bread daily and replenish when necessary as fresh on the buffet is much preferred to us then overfilling and leaving open to the elements and potentially causing waste. I will speak with the team regarding the bread and service as all foods are replenished regularly to ensure guests at the beginning of service and the end receive the same standard.

I am sorry to read that we fell short on this occasion for which I would like to offer my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Stayed 3 nights. After our 1st night asked to change rooms as noise from street was not helpful and room was directly above lobby. Manger then gave us room where rooms have double glazing, (take note some don't have). Hotel was clean and breakfast was great! Good size bedroom but dissapointed at bathroom design , no room for two people to place things, no proper vanity?
Location was either 10-20min walk to most attractions and staff where always helpful.

Room Tip: front street side ask for room with dbl glazing
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SAM_D_AUS
ronald_little, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear SAM_D_AUS,

Thank you for choosing the hotel and for sharing your experience.

I am happy to read that the team moved your room with the street noise affecting the first night and would like to apologise that you did not find enough space within the bathroom for you and your partners belongings.

The shelf under the sink does go unused most of the time and offered a good size space for all belongings with a high level shelf for smaller items however I do appreciate that different people have different needs so apologise that there was insufficient space for you during your stay with us.

I appreciate your feedback and time and hope that you had a terrific time within the city.