“Tuk Tuk = Tick Tick from me.”

Tuk Tuk Indian Street Food
Ranked #556 of 2 698 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bright, colourful and modern Indian Street Food restaurant
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First visit for my family, second for friends, so visited on their recommendation. This is no ordinary Indian Restaurant, it’s not the usual bland Chicken-Korma-Chicken-Tikka-Masala-Boiled-Rice Indian restaurant you may be used to visiting. This is the type of Indian food I’ve rarely come across, off the top of my head I can only think of two other equally as good in Edinburgh city. Service was efficient, food arrived quickly, portions were larger than I expected, and it has to be said spicier than I expected but the better for it. Some dishes come on the bone, which added to the experience.
It’s a BOYB restaurant with a Co-op supermarket almost next door. There is a small “recycle charge” for bottles (corkage), and food prices are fair, you build your meal up tapas style. This is a lively restaurant situated in an old bank, over two or three rooms.
Yeh, happy to recommend, but going by what we had, if your not into Indian food with a spicy edge or dislike not having a table cloth this may not be for you.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked her for pre-theatre meal with friends so were seated by 5.45pm. Seemed to take for ever for anyone to ask us if we wanted a drink (on the hottest day this summer). Ordered drinks when we placed our order for food. Water breakers provided on all tables but no offer of a jug of water but received one on second time of asking. Opted for the set menu which was good value. Plenty to eat, decent quality. Toilets are a hike down stairs and over some fairly treacherous uneven and slippy floor tiles (there are notices up to warn people about this). Don’t know that we would rush back any time soon

1  Thank nicolapender
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great food - gorgeous flavours and reasonable prices. Probably one of our best ever Indian meals. Very casual cafe style atmosphere - not fine dining by style but certainly fine Indian dining by taste and texture

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just along the road from the office and I would recommend this place to anyone that even remotely likes Indian food. Brilliant 'tapas' style menu but beware some of the mains as the dishes are bigger than you might otherwise expect from Tapas.

I had 3 dishes and rice and it was enough. Butter Chicken is probably the best I have had anywhere. Catered for gluten free as you would expect from Indian food but beware as some of the dishes I have eaten elsewhere that are gluten free were not here especially the curries but if they get more requests then maybe they will change the ingredients to cater for all.

The menu is a good size and you won't struggle to find enough food to suit your palate and appetite. It recommends sharing but that wasn't happening! There were 6 of us and apart from one individual dish that one of us didn't like that much the rest of us were well pleased with our choices. The masala fries were done just right.

Well worth a visit and the price isn't too bad given the location of the restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a great surprise this indian restaurant! Great and tasty food! Not realy expensive to the edinburg standarts.