“Good Pub, Great Food. Fantastic Location”

The Royal Mile Tavern
Ranked #234 of 2 701 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This was my first experience of a traditional pub in Scotland. It's in a really great location on the Royal Mile so was easy to get to and find. Admittedly I chose it as the hostel I stayed at you could get a discount here however as soon as I saw the menu I knew I wanted to eat here. I chose the haggis, neeps and tatties as I really wanted to try this dish. As soon as the food came out I knew it would be good. It was presented lovely and there was so much mash potato! The haggis was wonderful and so was the gravy. Wished there was more gravy! I chose to have the fried mars bar and ice cream for pudding. Best choice. It was well presented and plenty of food. Before my discount the food was reasonably priced and you got a lot for your money. The staff were friendly and welcoming (I was on my own). Would visit again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 143)

79 - 83 of 1 143 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

It was my first time in Edinburgh and I really enjoyed the experience. The Royal Mile Tavern was the first pub I went and it was a good choice. Good Live music, good environment and a great staff. Next visit, I ll come back. Looking forward to my next visit there! I hope it will be soon!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We saw this tavern offered haggis bon bons and they were quite delicious! We had a nice lunch here and were able to throw back a couple of the Innis & Gunn original beers. Yum!
Reasonably priced for being right on the Royal Mile! Friendly staff.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Royal mile tavern is ideally placed in the middle of the world famous Royal Mile.

While being in such a touristy area it still has its own character, offering traditional Scottish cuisine and a range of Scottish spirits and drinks.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I love this place! The fish and chips are phenomenal! This was my second time here and I will definitely be back. Service was great. Just know that you have to go to the bar and order your first drink-don’t wait at the table for a server, it’s not the way it’s done there. FYI.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant