Reviews (3 015)
1 022
1 305
1 022
1 305
All reviews separate toilet swimming pool executive room grassmarket area sauna and steam room royal mile leisure facilities grass market sofa bed modern hotel buffet style booked this hotel princes street city break short break family room haggis
784 - 789 of 3 014 reviews
Reviewed 28 April 2016

The hotel itself was lovely, tidy and modern. The staff were great and very helpful. In terms of location it was still quite a walk to most locations (considering you are back to the hotel 2/3 times a day). The first day we arrived our sink plug in the bathroom was broken, meaning we could not use the sink as it was filled to the top until the next day. The room was an unusual shape and the toilet was separate with no basic so you had to go into the separate bathroom to wash your hands which meant occasionally waking my mum up throughout the night. I think the hotel was all round average and ok but not for the price we paid per evening, I would stay in this again for a price of £60/£70 per night as I feel that's its worth but no more!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Shelly O
Craig M, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2016

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. We appreciate your positive feedback on the hotel and the staff.
We’ve also taken note of your comments regarding your room layout and the issue with the bathroom sink and apologise for your disappointment. At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your constructive feedback is very important to us.
We appreciate you sharing your feedback and it is our hope that you will allow us an opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

The hotel itself is very nice, customer service is excellent, unfortunately i found the food lets the hotel down, we had lunch in the bar area, i ordered the chicken cesear salad and my partner had the beef chilli along with a bottle of water and 2 heinekens. £40! the chilli came with 3 measly wedges and a minmal amount of meat, the chicken in the salad was disgusting! cheap prepacked chicken breast they probably bought from spar! very dissapointing and let the whole hotel down.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. We appreciate your positive feedback on our customer service.
We’ve also taken note of your comments regarding your restaurant experience and apologise for your disappointment. At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your constructive feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Now you can read my recent reviews of places and they have mostly been very positive. I say this because the experience I am about to describe is poor and I am not a tough reviewer. The hotel had 'lost' our booking. Numerous phone calls and getting the travel agent involved finally sorted a room. The phone assistance we received was nonexistent. The room had one towel for two people so I dried with the used hand towel. It really was a terrible experience. Breakfast was cold - the shell in the egg added crunch though. The staff there were very friendly I must say. The front desk staff must be trained to churn and burn and pump numbers through. Would I stay here if this was the last hotel on earth... I'd have to think about it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JamesHird
Craig M, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.
As discussed at the hotel and via email it appears that your travel agent is unable to distinguish the difference between a surname and a middle name. But I am pleased that this issues was fixed by the time you got to the hotel.
So naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was worthy of a 1 out of 5 rating.
I can appreciate that it might be distressing to believe that perhaps the hotel had no record of your booking, and I hope you have also communicated your distress to your travel agent.
If we have failed to provide a second towel in your room, I apologise for this oversight and had we been aware at the time this could have been rectified in a matter of minutes.
I am very sorry for the egg shells found in your breakfast and can confirm that this is not the high standard we set for ourselves. And I understand if this has left a bad taste in your mouth. I hope that my staff were able to remedy this with fresh eggs as soon as they were informed.
I hope the rest of your time in Edinburgh was not as disappointing, and I wish you safe onward travels and for your journey back to Australia.
Kind regards

Reviewed 24 April 2016

The hotel is nice but nothing special. We went for 2 nights which was enough time. The hotel was quite hard to find as it is not in the centre/main road. The rooms are nice and clean but none of us had a good sleep due to the uncomfortable bed and pillows. The staff at the hotel were pleasant apart from the lady host at breakfast. Wasn't a fan of the breakfast either. However we did enjoy our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Craig M, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. We appreciate your positive feedback on the room cleanliness and the staff.
We’ve also taken note of your comments regarding your bed comfort and apologise for your disappointment. At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your constructive feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the Novotel on a recent trip to Edinburgh. I wanted a hotel close to the centre so the location was perfect. I was a little bit disappointed with the room, as I had paid a decent amount for the 2 nights, but we literally only slept in it as we were out and about all day.

We were welcomed with sweet desserts and a lovely birthday card for my boyfriend in the room which was a lovely touch!

The swimming pool is quite small but does the job and is extremely clean, said the entire hotel. We had some snacks in the bar the first night and didn't get kicked out until 10pm with my little one, which was late enough! They have handy little games for children in the cosy reception area.

Breakfast was excellent, with a vast variety to eat, all of which had our bellies stuffed before we went out for the day.

Overall I thought a little one the pricey side for the room we got, but perfect location and would consider staying here again. The staff were all extremely nice and helpful & made our first trip to Edinburgh a very welcoming one!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank foreverhuss
Craig M, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Novotel Edinburgh Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards,