“Sheila (Corstorphine)”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Postcode EN4 6NU
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Taking my elderly neighbours on a trip to Cramond which is a beautiful place to visit. Decided to have a bite to eat and a coffee in the Cramond Inn (hadn't been there for years and will never be there again).

We looked at the menu for Sandwiches and ordered. When asked at the bar brown or white my husband asked for brown (thinking he was getting bread sandwiches) a stale brown roll appeared on a brown wooden board with limp lettuce beside it some pieces of red and green peppers and a slice of tomato on top. On checking the menu (did say under Sandwiches in small print 'wraps or brown or white roll). My elderly neighbour asked for a scone with her coffee and was rudely told they were an 'Inn not a Tearoom' . The Bar person who was talking to a patron with 3 dogs at his feet (which you had to negotiate round) was very loud and the waiter dour (for foreign visitors this means unsmiling). Know it is an old inn but it was dark dingy and uninviting and the staff rude. Never visit this place!!

1  Thank Sheila H

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I was only in for a drink and a snack and at the bar approximately 5 mins as was heading out to sit in the sun! In that time of waiting to be served a poor foreign lady with a young child had ordered drinks for 3 and wanted to pay by debit card as we all do now! She was told minimum spend £20 so was forced to order soft drinks to take away with her to make up the bill. American family outside seated with drinks husband went inside to order lunch, on a hot sunny day what could be nicer but told no food outside! so the family had to move into the dark stuffy pub to eat! Ridiculous rules from arragont staff, get a grip and cater for what people want and not what makes your life a little easier! FYI minimum charges and fees are now outlawed on card transactions so expect a knock on the door soon!

3  Thank lifeboatmike
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Went today (Saturday) for what was supposed to be a 'good old' family lunch gathering (our family used to come here when the Inn was in its "hay day" and was a luxurious treat!). What a "disappointment!!… Bar manager was the most entitled person I've ever met, He was arrogant and quite frankly an a** hole!!! the worst bar man I've ever come across!!
The place is supposed to be "family friendly" but when I asked if they had J2O there was a prompt NO, no alternative offered (but they did have cordiale which I discovered only after INTENSIVE asking..) This is Supposed to be a "family Friendly" restaurant however this is the LEAST FAMILY friendly place you would EVER take your children to. We were made to feel uncomfortable and a like the children were a nuisance. The food was OK, the rest of the staff were great and accommodating but the manager made us feel like we were not good enough to be there!!!!
It used to a good bar and restaurant.... SERVE your customers.... TREAT them with respect!
(Hate the public that much go work in a MORGUE!!!! NOT surprised the place was empty if that's they way he speaks to patrons - disgusting..)

2  Thank vee19782018
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Nipped in for a drink at a pub I had very fond if admittedly quite distant memories of. Crikey.Not what was expected. A rather frosty welcome greeted us - cards only accepted with a minimum purchase of £20 I was firmly told. £20! Who carries cash these days(?)...& the nearest ATM must be Barnton junction.

The beers were all unfamiliar - exclusively the produce of the brewery that owns the pub (Sam Smiths...?). When I asked if I might taste before I choose, I was told “we don’t do that”. Won’t be back in a hurry - what a shame for what was a great Edinburgh pub.

4  Thank Bruichsbest
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Was so happy to discover a Sam Smiths pub on Scotland. Having been to many down south, id actually have to say that this was one of the best! Lovely summery evening sitting outside with a cracking view. Beer is great. Service was great. Will be back.

I also discovered the next day that my mum has had a painting of the old pub hanging on her wall for the past 20 years! WIT!?