Reviews (2 554)
2 554 results
1 055
1 055
All reviews city centre cool jade pentland hills swimming pool executive room trouser press day ticket bus stop right family room reception staff sofa bed bus service stayed here for one night tea and coffee hotel is situated haggis cooked breakfast
89 - 94 of 2 554 reviews
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Located adjacent to Edinburgh Zoo this hotel has good access for local transport to central. Standar room size for europe, small bathroom with bathtub, good amenities and comfortable bed. I thought this hotel need to refurbish their bathroom and change the carpet. We had a good breakfast in the morning and friendly staff.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
HIEdinburgh, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. I take on board your feedback regards the bedroom and the carpet and will be sure to mention to our General Manager as we discuss modernisation with our owners. I'm glad the rest of your stay was positive.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

On arrival the computers were down so the keycards couldn't be coded. Went to room and sat in the corridor for 15 minutes before a young lad turned up and let us in the room. Got the bus in to town in the afternoon and returned early evening to get ready for a night out but half way through showering the water stopped and it took several hours to fix. Couldn't get washed or flush toilet. Phoned reception to let them know but they were already aware and couldn't say how long it would take to fix. No offer of alternative toilets/washing facilities. Just stayed in the room on the Saturday evening and used bottled water to wash. On Sunday we went in to town for some retail therapy to de-stress but on our return the keycards didn't work. Not a biggy I know but on top of everything else having to go back down and get cards reprogrammed was the icing on the cake and the reason for this post, the first I've ever done. On departure I mentioned the issues and was told that nobody else had complained or raised any concerns but it would be noted down. Fairly sure plenty people mentioned not having water or being able to get in their rooms since we saw people sitting outside 3 rooms on our floor on the Saturday! Poor show IHG....

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike W

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you've had a disappointing stay, should you wish to discuss it further, I'd be happy to investigate for you.

Alan
alan.hunter@hi-edinburgh.co.uk

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Stayed here a couple of weeks in April and one in May, on business.

The hotel itself is fairly monolithic concrete building next to the zoo. It’s pretty well connected by the buses to the city & airport.

The 1st week I was there the room was on 1st floor, and was pretty awful - small, hot, and uncomfortable . The next 2 weeks I was in upgraded rooms on the second floor, and whilst a lot better were a little tired and in need of refurbishment. All rooms were on the road side, and to be honest, I never noticed the noise. I have heard from others in my team that the zoo side rooms had an early and loud wake-up call from the animals in the zoo...

The weeks I was there, there were loads of coach parties there, with people milling around reception and at breakfast. If you are short of time in the morning it’s really not ideal. Didn’t try eating in evening, so can’t comment on food, but there is an excellent Chinese place over the road.

Staff all very friendly and helpful.

It has a gym etc.

Overall an OK at best hotel, but the rooms are a bit hit and miss, and need refurbishment. It’s a warm hotel, and only one room I was in had decent (but noise) air con. If you’re traveling on business and want the IHG points, maybe worth a punt, but there are others in town with corporate rates that are better imo

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
HIEdinburgh, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay.

I'm sorry to hear you had disappointments with your stay, I've taken notes on the issues to discuss with our team. Regards refurbishment, our General Manager and owners are in discussions regards a planned upgrade.

I am pleased, on a positive that our excellent staff were all trying to assist your stay.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Good location with car parking, on main route into city. Buses every 10 -15 minutes cost £4 for all day travel. Staff very helpful and welcoming. Lovely views from dining room, Enjoyed our special birthday treat stay.

Stayed: May 2018
HIEdinburgh, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Graham,

I'm delighted to hear your special birthday treat was memorable. I'm so pleased our excellent team helped you have a great time.

We hope you'd come visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here on 13th June 2018. We were greeted warmly and professionally by staff. It was my first time in Scotland such a lovely place. The meals were reasonable, cooked well and tasted great. The rooms are your typical Holiday Inn rooms good amenities, bed was firm and comfortable to sleep in, the shower didn't work which l reported no issue for as they had a bath to use. The buffet breakfast was good too. Would recommend to families, business clientele and couples.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
HIEdinburgh, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the lovely review. I'm delighted you had a good stay with us and I'm pleased the team catered for your needs.

I am sorry to hear you had an issue with your shower, I do hope our team managed to resolve this for you.

We hope you will visit again in the future.