“Oriental Chinese Restaurant ”
Review of China Palace

China Palace
Ranked #1 352 of 2 784 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Leith
Description: telephone 08003890489
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Nothing to complain about, good profits and a great tourist destination, defo going to come here again☆☆☆☆☆

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My kids request go to this restaurant every Sunday. High quality foods, kind staff, quickly serving time and fair prices, the toilets are big with lots of rooms without you feeling too cramped, the toilets are also clean and practical and loads of parking spaces behind the restaurant. (^_^)

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I don’t do many reviews and tend to only write when things have been really good or really bad. Even when things are bad I often feel sorry for the place and hold off as I know they have a business to run. BUT….this place was awful. It never used to be much good and it looks like nothing has improved. I reckon they have simply added “New” in front of the old name. A tell tell sign. All our dishes were cold and tasteless. The “chicken” was disgusting, horrible flattened strips which I can imagine being delivered frozen in pre sliced strips. You’d get better quality meat from the world’s worst burger van! I can only assume any good reviews are from people connected to the place. I won’t be returning. There are much much better Chinese restaurants in Edinburgh, run by more pleasant people.

3  Thank OH5967
Jackie L, General Manager at China Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Feedback is always helpful!
Here at the New China Palace we aim and strive to be the best. Under new management and our new head chef with over 25 years experience......
All our food is freshly prepared and we only use the best of meats, poultry etc, it's the finest chicken breast that's used in all our chicken dishes.
If you experienced all the problems you said you had then, why did you not call?
We cater for a wide range of customers here that are continually coming back to us, ie sitting in the restaurant & takeaways too!
Please feel free to read our reviews from our loyal customers!!!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I am regularly in China palace and I have to say the food is delicious, full of different flavors also suitable for vegetarians. I love the service and exclusive decoration under new management. And what more, the price of food is affordable for everyone, especially with the lunch menu for 5.50 pounds. These people work there with their hearts and I can highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, who loves Chinese food, wants to relax and escape business of the city center in Leith.

3  Thank Lucie V
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Place needs gutting out

The food is atrocious. I ordered skewers, chips, satay and rice. All were stone cold.

The last time I eat here.

3  Thank seanness