Reviews (3 254)
1 165
1 294
1 165
1 294
All reviewspremier inncity centreprinces streetminute walkbudget hotelgood nights sleeptram stopfamily roomreception staffnight stayshort breakcomfy bedroyal milecooked breakfasthaymarketinnscastle
209 - 214 of 3 254 reviews
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

This is the first time I've stayed since the rebranding from the old Premier Inn was completed. The Reception area is a great improvement. The rooms feel more comfortable, but the traditional Scottish pics feel a bit twee - piper in the Glen type stuff, which I guess is what the tourists want. Only ate breakfast, which was good but the plates could be bigger. The cleaning of the bathrooms could be improved - long black hairs in the bath and toilet which definitely weren't mine. The staff are friendly. I was asked to sign a registration form when booking in, which was mostly the booking details provided online. It also had a section to accept joining the Advantage Club, which I did but the club has no record of me.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Had a great stay here - everything was amazing. The location was also great - right next to Haymarket and the Trams were also cheap and cheerful. Staff were so friendly and very helpful. Bed was so comfortable! I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Very Accessible
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Newly refurbished hotel at Haymarket area.Leonardo hotels are usually very good value for money, offer good accommodation and excellent breakfast- this was the same with this hotel in the suburbs of Edinburgh. Rooms are very nicely furbished in a modern style and well equipped. Did not like corridors as it looks like you are in a prison, a large hotel.
The service is very good, we have asked for porridge each morning and the staff has very kindly freshly made for us a typical Scottish hot breakfast. The buffet breakfast was outstanding, many healthy choices to choose from in addition to the cooked breakfast. Also freshly squeezed orange juice available. We did not eat in the evenings in the restaurant, but have seen the menu and there were some tasty dishes on offer. The only downside of the hotel is that it is quite a distance from the historic centre, on a cold winter day or night might not be so pleasant to walk for about 20-30 minutes. There are buses and taxis available though nearby.

Room Tip: Some rooms have panoramic views of outskirts of Edinburgh
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2017

The Leonardo was, I'm told, refurbished in April 2017 and for the price, it is well appointed with larger rooms than expected and modern decor. I particularly liked the large photographic wall frescos of Edinburgh on the wall. Rooms have tea and coffee making facilities, wardrobes, safes and iron/ironing board as well as a large TV and king sized bed.

The hotel is very well located within walking distance of all the attractions and is close to Haymarket tram stop (direct from Edinburgh Airport in 25 mins).

Room service was timely, with pretty good quality and menu choice, although it's not gastropub level even though it was fresh and very tasty with good portion size. A good choice of wines by the glass too. Breakfast wasn't included, so I cannot comment.

Finally, service was good, with friendly staff who were well trained and answered all my questions without effort.

Overall, a great and good value choice for central Edinburgh.

Room Tip: try and get a room at the end of the corridor - super quiet
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner for 3 nights from 16th December. Firstly positives were:

Central location near train station and just 10 minutes wall to centre of town.

Hotel was generally bright and clean including our room.

All staff were Kind n helpful staff.

Negatives:

We are a couple but were put in a twin bed room. However staff promptly moved us to a double bed room when we complained.

Water pressure in the bath/shower was very weak.

We ate dinner there on one evening and found quality of food very poor overall.

Only 2 lifts , one was very slow and the other one was broken the whole of our stay.

Finally despite above negatives, overall our stay was ok and quite good value for money.Due to above issues I would rate this hotel 3 stars not 4.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple