All reviews mini suite queensferry road retail park two double beds upgraded to a suite fifth floor free wifi good size bus service bus stop an upgrade reception staff two night stay hotel restaurant stayed here for one night breakfast was excellent booked this hotel
Reviewed 19 October 2016

This Holiday Inn property on Queensferry Road is ideally located- good connectivity to city center/Royal Mile.
It has a large Sainsbury outlet at a stones throw away- bus stand across the road. It is a clean & tidy business hotel, but serves tourists equally well.
The coffee shop, though operates till 11 pm is good.

Room Tip: Try for rooms with nos 510,512 for better view of Edinburgh town
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Karen J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear aviroopgupta

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of your stay with us. It is great to hear that the location of the hotel and its nearby amenities were fully enjoyed by yourself. I will personally pass on your comments about the great service offered by our hotel staff, and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2016

I had a great stay at holiday inn! The staff were lovely and the room was great! Was very spacious! The breakfast in the morning was lovely. I most certainly would not hesitate to stay again! The location was good too not too far from edinburgh airport and close to the city centre as well.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one night to spend a couple of days in Edinburgh and The Kelpies. Nice clean spacious room, excellent food in the restaurant albeit a little slow service. Breakfast had a decent choice too. Would certainly go back and recommend.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Karen J, Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

I have been staying here for the past nine days unfortunately I have to endure 1 more night reasons for my low opinion of the hotel are as follows. 1- Nine nights in a row the sheets haven't been changed. 2- I feel as I have been singled out as I have been told on three separate occasions in my stay here my breakfast IS NOT INCLUDED IN MY ROOM ALLOWANCE which the same staff have seen me have breakfast every morning but still need to ask me IN FRONT OF OTHER CUSTOMERS which is highly embarrassing and humiliating as I'm made out I'm trying to getaway without paying. My point is they can't be bothered to ask the reception staff if I have it on my record of booking which also I have.
I feel the LACK of training is to blame for this.

Very disappointing.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank MrAhole
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Dear MrAhole,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves in and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 October 2016

The hotel is a bit out of the way, resulting in very few restaurant alternatives within walking distance. Plenty of free parking, the check in was quick and friendly, The room was adequate, decent size, large flat screen TV, two double beds, generally well equipped if a little tired looking. Noticed some unsavoury staining on the bed runner. The shower was a mixer over the bath, and was woefully underpowered. The TV remote control wouldn't work on arrival, however this was rectified within minutes by the friendly staff. Had dinner in the restaurant due to the lack of local alternatives, I found the menu, & especially the drinks, to be expensive. Also beware, a 10% service charge is autiomatically added to the restaurant bill, a presumptuous practice whicjh I really dislike. The restaurant & bar areas are comfortable enough. Also took breakfast the next morning, this was quite good, the requested omelette was fine, but the baked beans were cold.
Would probably stay again if the price was right, but it wouldn't be a first choice, not least because of the lack of alternative local dining options.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Dear allertonlad,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I great appreciate your comments about our staff to be friendly and room to be on a decnt size. However, it is to our regret that the TV remote control, cleanliness of the bed runner and and rates at the bar and restaurant was below par. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. Please be assured that all the points you have raised are noted to ensure that similar instances will be prevented from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Dianne L.