“rude barmaid”

Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Large 3 level pub in the centre of Edinburgh. We have some of the cheapest drink selections in town so we are very popular with students and backpackers. Traditional pub food served at brilliantly low prices. We are not affiliated with the venue known as the Tron Kirk.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

blonde bartender during kareoke rudely shouted at me and friends for no reason. was very hostile will not return

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my family came over from the States and found this bar - we went in and were greeted by this friendly guy - Liam I believe. He gave us some recommendations on where to go and some tips on hidden bars that most tourists don't normally see. We the food was great and we felt very welcomed.

2  Thank Sandy196599
General Manager A, Manager at The Tron, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. Really glad to here that Liam looked after you, I will pass on your thanks!

Hope you'll be popping in the next time you hop over the pond

Reviewed 10 June 2018

The food was good and that's the reason why I give 3*.
The order was taken wrong but that's ok, these things happen. BUT, the service was slow and very unorganised. There were 2 people working and they got extremely overwhelmed when the pub started to get full (around 6 tables). No kidding here when I say I had to wait 30 minutes to get a tea served...

General Manager A, Manager at The Tron, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Hi Maria,

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal, I'm very sorry to hear that our service wasn't up to par on this occasion but i'm sure if you come back our team will be able to show well we usually opperate

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely (not so) little pub, visited here with my sister on a little break away. It was great, lovely and clean and food was fantastic, and the staff so so friendly! Our server was a tall guy with a little bit of a beard on the ground floor, he was so s friendly and accommodating! Thanks for making our trip a little more fun

Hi Áine O, we are very happy to hear that we made such an impression and that you had such a good time with us, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a lovely review.

RIchard

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We stumbled across this pub (actually more of a bar) by accident. It is modern, and has a brilliant range of beer. We visited about 4 or 5 times during our 3 day Edinburgh stay. The staff were chatty and friendly and the place was tidy. They were particularly helpful when I limped in with a badly sprained ankle which happened on the potholed Edinburgh pavement about two minutes away.

The atmosphere was great, sometimes a place gets under your skin and you don't really know why, but we really liked this place during the day and the evening. It did get a little edgy in the evening but nothing untoward.

Although we didn't eat there the food looked great, and I am sure was tasty.

Just be aware the toilets are a few flights of stairs down stairs , which is a pain when you've knackered your ankle.

General Manager A, Manager at The Tron, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Hi Simon, we really appreciate your comments. Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out! Have a great day.

Regards, Mark.