Reviews (1 947)
1 947 results
1 226
1 226
All reviews royal mile great location pillow menu a business class room turret suite high street lovely hotel within walking distance arthur's seat holyrood palace train station central location standard room an upgrade tourist attractions mini bar lovely room
63 - 68 of 1 947 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a wonderful hotel with excellent service, great spa facilities, great food and location is central to all sight seeing and shopping in Edinburgh....loved it! The rooms were spacious with large beds and luxury products. Bus stop 2 mins away and train station 5mins walk from hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a wonderful anniversary stay during the Fringe, and the phenomenal staff contributed hugely to our experience, starting with changing our room on arrival without any fuss. Unexpected treats on the bed when we arrived complemented the fabulous view over Arthur's Seat. Room was one of the quietest we have enjoyed, large with a fabulous ensuite, and the location is hard to beat. Great breakfast, including pancake maker! Will definitely return.

Room tip: Go high if you can!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were looking for a relaxing break after a bad year and not having had a holiday in over a year. I broke my arm in the summer and it still isn’t right so was a bit apprehensive about how I would get on in a different bed and just generally doing things. We therefore booked this hotel because it is so central and has car parking attached so it was easier to get the luggage to the room. Being central it was also handy for the sights and for restaurants etc. We also wanted sauna/pool facilities so I could relax if needs be. We booked a superior room which has a sofa so that there would be more room to relax in the room. This turned out to be a godsend. The room was large and comfortable and I slept fine. The bed was slightly on the soft side but that is preferable to being hard. The sofa was great for the times I just needed to relax and we were back in the room early most nights so it was ideal. The shower was great although a bit odd because there was no obvious off position you just had to turn it slowly until no water was coming out of the shower or the bath taps. We used the pool, sauna and steam room which was also good. We ate in the hotel on the first night as I was tired and didn’t fancy walking about trying to find somewhere to eat on a Saturday night. We had to wait for what seemed like an eternity and then when mine arrived it was cold. I didn’t complain because I was so hungry by that time I got it I didn’t want to wait even longer for them to heat it up. The hotel is a bit odd in that it doesn’t have a restaurant for evening meals just the bar.
Breakfast was alright. We kept getting directed to the first table for two that you come to which felt like sitting in a corridor. I asked for a different table because there were others available. There is a pancake machine which was nice but the pastry selection was limited and the fruit salad only consisted of melon and pineapple which was a bit disappointing. The bread rolls and cheese were nice as were the pastries they did have. The breakfast room can get busy though and when it does it gets very noisy. The staff were all very friendly and helpful especially the cleaning staff. The hotel was exactly what I needed though and would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for business and it was excellent. Great food, large very comfortable room, good range of beer and ideal for a wander around the city. Great base for a weekend around Edinburgh being centrally located and not far from the tram from the airport.

Trip type: Travelled on business