Reviews (1 840)
1 840 results
1 147
1 147
All reviews royal mile pillow menu a business class room great location turret suite fudge high street lovely hotel arthur's seat holyrood palace standard room central location train station an upgrade tourist attractions street noise lovely room
799 - 804 of 1 840 reviews
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Traveling for work and finding everything else booked for the weekend, I paid high season prices for the equivalent of a Holiday Inn. At check in the staff only tried to upsell us on everything. Two days without housekeeping service. Do NOT stay here if you can avoid it. Book early--somewhere else. Housekeeping staff were courteous enough but you don't want to be run out of your room just when you've come in at the end of the day.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank mprama
Devon H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Dear mprama,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback following your experience with the hotel.

I am disappointed to read that you left us really feeling let down and so much that you would discourage people to visit us.

Our Front Office team are encouraged to offer breakfast should it not be included in the stay and also any upgrades that are available to purchase with the idea that they are helping enhance our guests stay as much as possible. I do appreciate that this could come across wrong but I can honestly assure you that we just want you, and everyone who walks through our doors, to have the best stay possible.

It shocks me to read that our Housekeeping team neglected to visit your room for two consecutive days. Our team do always try have every bedroom serviced as early as possible to avoid this circumstance that you found yourself in. We are able to request the housekeepers to rooms at specific times if this suits the guest more and had we heard about your upset during your stay we could of happily arranged this for you.

I can only offer my apologies and email address at this time should you wish to discuss your experience further. You can contact me directly on devon.halliday@radissonblu.com.

We do hope that you will give us another chance in the future as we can assure you and you can see from our many lovely reviews that this is not our usual standard.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night on business here. Hotel is modern and smart and staff all very friendly. My room was bright and with a modern decor. I think I had the world's softest bed, I prefer a firmer mattress but to be fair I did sleep ok. The hotel is situated just off the royal mile and in a vibrant part of the city. A great place to stay if on a weekend break.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Devon H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Dear Uktraveller990,

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found us well suited to your weekend break. We do have the facilities to make the beds a little firmer on request but I apologise if this was not made clear.

We hope to welcome you back to Edinburgh again soon.

Guest Relatons

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We shared a lovely lunch today. The food was good. The ice cream portions could have been bigger! However, we had thee most wonderful service from ANNA! Thanks so much you made our day!:D :D :D :D

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank sees1
Devon H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Hi sees1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback following your day with us. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and that Anna took great care of you when you visited our Itchycoo Bar & Kitchen.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Guest Relations

Reviewed 25 May 2017

The main attraction of this hotel is the location. Just a short walk from the castle and Princess Street. Our room was ok, the bed was comfortable with a choice of pillows. There is a nine metre indoor pool and a small but reasonably well equipped gym. Its a chain hotel so everything works but lacks real atmosphere. Our main complaint was the majority of the staff look so unhappy. No smiles or a greeting from anyone. In view of that we wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi David S,

Thank for taking the time to leave us some feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that everything ran smoothly. I would like to apologise that you found our team to look unhappy and that you did not receive any greetings or even a smile. I have communicated this through to all of the managers to brief the teams and I apologise for any disappointment caused by this.

We very much hope to welcome you back to Edinburgh again soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Visited with party of 6. Rooms were very nice; booked as a business room. Room spacious with nice bathroom.
Hotel was very busy on our second day there with line for elevators and breakfast room.
Location was great right on Royal Mile within walking distance of all sights and nice restaurants.
I would recommend this hotel but would stay away when big tour groups are there like Mondays.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Hi knit27,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback following your recent stay with us. I am sorry to see that you experienced delays at both the lifts and breakfast. We do advise of the peak times in the lifts for breakfast each evening before to hopefully prevent the waiting times.

I have spoken with the Breakfast team regarding your comments and asked for them to look into it further and see if there is more we can do.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused and we hope to welcome you back to Edinburgh again soon.