Reviews (1 880)
1 880 results
1 177
1 177
All reviews royal mile pillow menu a business class room turret suite perfect location fudge high street lovely hotel within walking distance arthur's seat holyrood palace standard room train station steam room an upgrade tourist attractions hotel is situated
952 - 957 of 1 880 reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2017

The location of this hotel is fantastic.
It's only about a ten minute walk from the train station .
The hotel is on the Royal mile so you don't have far to go
Princes street is 10 minutes walk away.
The hotel has a lovely spar area where you can have a swim , go in the sauna and go in the steam room which is a must after all the sight seeing .
We have stayed in a few hotels in Edinburgh but this one is by far the best.
We visit Edinburgh every year for the Christmas markets which is a must.
Booked again for this December.
Room are a nice size and very comfortable
A very good hotel .

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Devon H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear Andrea T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were well fitted to your needs whilst in Edinburgh.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Many thanks,

Devon

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Stunning, clean, comfortable hotel superbly placed on the Royal Mile at junction of North Bridge. Breakfast was fabulous. Staff was very accommodating. The ground floor bar is a good place for casual meetings. I had the best night's sleep ever and I don't sleep well in hotels usually. I'm a regular visitor to Edinburgh and will definitely stay here agin. Recommended for business or pleasure with good upgrade options.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Arthur's Seat.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear Helen F,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back to Edinburgh again soon!

Many thanks,

Devon

Reviewed 22 February 2017

I spend too many nights each year in hotels for business and this trip was for pleasure. I never write reviews as I am never normally blown away by the experience that I have had.......until now.
I was overwhelmed by the service and the standard of the rooms. We were upgraded to a fabulous suite as it was my husbands birthday and the staff were so keen to ensure that we had a great stay. I always ask the staff if they like working in hotels as I used to be in the travel trade and I was delighted to hear them all brag about how it was a fabulous place to work and that they love the company ethos.
The room was very modern yet really comfortable with This Works amenities. The bed was the only comfortable bed that I have ever slept in other than my own (and I sleep in a LOT of hotels). The room was quiet even though we overlooked the road.
We ordered room service which was delicious and again the bell boy was super helpful.
Breakfast was excellent and I would definitely recommend the Elderflower gin cocktail in the bar of an evening.
The location is perfect, very close to the castle, we were able to walk everywhere, even in heels (although I would be careful of the cobbles further up toward the castle in heels!!!)
All in all, a wonderful experience, thank you for taking such good care of us!!!

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Holly B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Dear DODFORD,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review, we really appreciate it!

I am delighted to read such a lovely review and am so glad that you had such a great stay with us! I am pleased that you got such a good night sleep while staying with us, always of the utmost importance in my books!

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to Edinburgh very soon!

Holly

Reviewed 20 February 2017

This hotel whose facade resembles a castle is thoroughly modernized with well appointed decent size rooms with good size bathrooms and beautiful fixtures. It's right in the center of the action and just a 10 minute uphill walk from the Edinburgh Castle. The area is full of restaurants and pubs which are open till early morning. Street facing rooms can get very noisy from the rowdy late night party crowd, but who cares, you are on vacation. It is also a short walk downhill to public transit (tram and bus) and the train station. The breakfast is pretty awesome with a big buffet plus items that can be ordered off the menu. The staff is friendly. I would stay there again when I visit Edinburgh again.

Room Tip: The higher floors on the rear of the property have less views but are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam S

Dear Sam S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review following your stay with us, we greatly appreciate it.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and our Super Buffet Breakfast! I am also pleased that our staff were so accommodating during your visit.

I do however apologise for any noise you experienced but am glad that it did not bother you too much.

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back to Edinburgh very soon.

Holly B

Reviewed 20 February 2017

We visited the Radisson Blu this weekend with 2 other couples for a 50th Birthday celebration. From the minute we walked through the doors, we were welcomed by friendly but professional staff who couldn't do more for you! Honestly, nothing was too much trouble. We had the most fantastic room service and wonderful rooms on the Business Class floor. The Hypnos beds were so comfortable, we went for an afternoon nap. We drank and ate in the bar area - do try the Haggis bon bons, they are delicious! Staff in the bar are also fantastic. Breakfast each morning was plentiful with lots of cooked to order items at no extra cost. Again, the staff at breakfast were delightful. The hotel looks like it has been recently refurbished and is very clean and well appointed. The location on the Royal Mile couldn't be better. Just a short walk to the castle and with plenty of attractions and sight seeing nearby.You can hear bagpipes playing nearby during the day. Waverley train station is a 5 minute walk away, although uphill (as is most of Edinburgh). Taxis are plentiful and wait outside the hotel. Try and visit Mary Kings Close (but book beforehand because its very popular). All in all a memorable stay. Would definitely recommend to anyone. Thankyou Radisson Blu!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear honcott,

Thank you very much for your lovely review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were so helpful and accommodating. I am also glad that you enjoyed your drinks and snacks in the bar and also our Super Buffet Breakfast, I will pass along your praise to bar and the kitchen/breakfast team.

Thank you again for your lovely review and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu on your next trip to Edinburgh!

Holly B