US$153
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

US$246
US$198
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$237/night.

US$156
US$125
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 56% below average rates

The price you found is 56% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$285/night.

Edinburgh Marriott Hotel(Edinburgh)
  • Breakfast included
Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)
US$148
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

US$232
US$195
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$274/night.

Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)
US$131
US$116
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$110
US$92
Priceline
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

Safestay Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
Reviews (3 132)
3 132 results
1 946
1 946
All reviewsthe club loungemood lightingrooftop poolcastle viewthermal suitesquare restaurantlighting systemusher halledinburgh castlemodern hotelhotel barprinces streetfantastic hotelroyal milespghydropoolconcierge
1 087 - 1 092 of 3 132 reviews
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Booked the hotel for guests during a film festival we organise - our booker managed to get the wrong dates by a week and the staff were not only polite but helpful & understanding in fixing it.

Not recommended to do obviously by default but it was a great reassurance that they were able to resolve it all calmly and helpfully to my team. The location is excellent and the whole hotel was refurbished not so long ago so you really feel the quality when you're staying there.

Highly recommended as you get real value for money!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

I have just returned from a two night break in the Sheraton Grand Hotel and Spa in Edinburgh.

This is a modern hotel located in Festival Square and set back from the road in a plaza type area.
Excellent location close to the airport express bus stop number 100 Airlink bus about 30 mins from Edinburgh Airport. This leaves every 10 minutes and you get off at Princes Street, Shandwick Place. Announcements on bus. The Tram runs nearby as well.
The hotel is overlooked by Edinburgh Castle which is only 20 30 mins walk away. The walk is quite steep and there were steep steps on our route. Shopping in Princess St and Lyceum theatre are on your doorstep. Restaurants such as The Castle Terrace are nearby. The 22 bus for the Royal Yacht Britannia runs near the hotel. The Highlands are 3hrs drive away I understand.

The outside of the hotel is uninviting but inside there is a warm welcome from reception staff. Chic bar and One Restaurant where good but expensive breakfast (5 star hotel remember) is served. Rooms were very chic with mood lighting and all the facilities you would expect. Bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. We booked club room which gave access to Club Lounge which served breakfast and evening drinks/canapes 5.30 – 7.30.

The club room also gave access to the amazing One Spa. One of the best I have seen either live or in magazines. We did not have a therapy but used the facilities the best of which was the out-door Hydra Pool. Yes - in Scotland in October.

Very enjoyable stay.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your review from your recent stay with us. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed this. Thank you also for the recommendation, it is greatly appreciated.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Edinburgh.
Warm regards
Tristan Nesbitt

Reviewed 15 October 2015

My husband and I decided to stay at the Sheraton Grand, Edinburgh as part of our anniversary celebrations. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel really welcome and special. We were given a complimentary upgrade to a beautiful castle view room and there was even a bottle of bubbly on ice waiting for us. We always think good staff are the secret to a good hotel and the Sheraton Grand Edinburgh has some of the best we have ever come across. The staff seem to know every guest individually and are dedicated to making sure every little detail is taken care of. Thankyou to all the staff for making our special occasion truly magical!

Room Tip: Choose a castle view room if you can - it'll just put the finishing touch to your stay.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your review from your recent stay with us for your anniversary celebrations. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed this, and I will happily share your very kind words with the team. Thank you also for the recommendation, it is greatly appreciated.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Edinburgh.
Warm regards
Tristan Nesbitt

Reviewed 14 October 2015

I had booked one night at the Sheraton Grand for my recent trip to Edinburgh. I had come on the Sleeper Train from London and check in was not until 3pm but the concierge took my bag and gave me a map of Edinburgh to help me find my way around.

The hotel is located close to the Castle, Princes Street and the Royal Mile. The theatre is opposite so it's an ideal location if you are going to see a show. The independent cinema next door had an interesting offer of films for their Spanish Film Festival season.

The use of the pool is a must if you are staying. I wish I had booked some treatments too. It looked a very well equipped spa.

My room was good, fluffy robes and complimentary slippers always put my in a good mood and I was tempted to don the robe and never leave my room. The mood lighting in the bathroom was a surprise and I had an enjoyable 5 minutes exploring all the lighting options for the room.

The only downside for me was the bed and bedding. I didn't think the thread count on the bedding felt high enough for a hotel of this sort (I have experienced much better from their competitors), the bed was wonderfully large but I kept rolling to the middle and the valance looked scruffy. Details matter.

The entrance at the front is to the bar and restaurant but the reception is on the floor below. Just walk through and the stairs are to the left and the lifts on your right. I was tired and it took me a moment to find my bearings.

Room Tip: I was on the fifth floor, which is also the access to the spa. It meant I could just shuffle back to my room without having to tote a bag.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank E B
Reviewed 14 October 2015

Booked a Club Room, which was generous in space with excellent facilities and a super size comfy bed. Being on the Club Floor we had access to the Club Lounge, which offered complimentary drinks and canapés for a short time in the evening. It did get busy during this time but the staff were excellent in ensuring that guests were never without a drink or nibbles. The other benefit in being a Club guest is the Spa.
Access is available to all the Spa facilities which are superb, the outdoor hydro pool is amazing and the indoor pool an excellent size for serious swimmers.
The hotel does not disappoint on any level, the staff we encountered were all very courteous and welcoming, and the location is excellent for visiting the sights in Edinburgh.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a Club Room
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple