“Birthday visit”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Castle Terrace Restaurant is all about representing the finest produce in Scotland. The award-winning restaurant, which was completely refurbished in the beginning of 2016, showcases Chef Patron Dominic Jack's many years of training in some of France's top kitchens. His skills, passion and attention to detail is truly reflected in his innovative and modern menu.
Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal at the Castle a Terrace Restaurant. The food was superb and the waiting staff were very friendly.
We loved the variety of food from the taster menu- and the different wines to accompany each course could not have been chosen better!
Well deserving of its Michelin Star, we will definitely be back. :)

2  Thank Mark H
Reviews (2 612)

1 049 - 1 053 of 2 612 reviews

Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

After spending a morning at the Castle we worked up an appetite for this gastronomic treat. My kids enjoyed everything. Even my pickiest daughter raved about the calf's liver as well as the venison tartare. Service was excellent with attentive yet unobtrusive staff. The Sommelier was very friendly and knowledgeable. Having dined in other Michelin rated restaurants, this is pretty good value for the quality and overall dining experience.

1  Thank Culas
Reviewed 5 June 2015

If Scotland goes independent, PLEASE send the Castle Terrace south of the border!

Anniversary time again, so flew up from Southampton for the day to spoil my wife - what a treat!

We had the a la carte menu. The food was some of the best we have ever tasted, as we dine out quite a lot. Having asked the sommelier to select an appropriate wine to complement each course, the choice was excellent. As I had mentioned the reason for our visit, the chef treated us to some wonderful complementary dishes to enhance our dining experience.

The service and ambiance were outstanding and we were made to feel really special. We consider this to have been our best dining experience to date - very well done to all concerned!

2  Thank Colin D
Reviewed 3 June 2015

We last came here a few years ago just before it was awarded its Michelin star and had the best meal we'd ever had at the time. We decided to come back and do lunch. The set menu offers great value for money (the a la carte is rather pricey for lunch!). The presentation of the food was fantastic, which is something that similar restaurants have failed to do in the past. I attach a photo of my rhubarb dessert - incredible.

The food also tasted fantastic, and my mum in particular loved her seafood main (I think it was squid), my dad loved his cheese platter and as I say my rhubarb dessert was wonderful. I am sure that we will be back. My only gripe is just how inflated that alcohol prices are. I come here for the incredible food which I expect to pay a high price for- not to feel like I'm being ripped off for a bottle of wine or beer which any standard restaurant/bar could sell me significantly for significantly less.

Date of visit: April 2015
1  Thank ScottishFoodie93
Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

We been in castle terrace for a set lunch menu, we also bought a wine match. The whole experience was fantastic. Stuff very quick, kind and friendly. Food delicious. Wine was awesome and match food too. Will come back :)

Date of visit: May 2015