“Excellent apartment and a great base to explore...”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Hallways
Annandale Street Apartment
4* Award by the Scottish Tourist Board
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
jeffpo201...
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent apartment and a great base to explore Edinburgh”
Reviewed 26 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I selected this apartment based on reviews on Tripadvisor and I have to say that I was not disappointed.
After inquiring about the rental online, I received a response from Liz almost immediately. This proved to be the case with every subsequent correspondence. Liz is prompt, informative and helpful. The booking process was very simple and easy.
My wife and I arrived to Edinburgh by train and walked (15-20 minutes) down to the apartment. We each had a piece of luggage but the walk is quite easy. Upon arriving at the apartment,we found it to be a very nice size for the two of us. It was clean and well appointed and obviously well cared for.
The first order of business was to head out for provisions. There is a small Cooperative grocery store 5 minutes away and a slightly larger Tesco just a few minutes further. These two stores provided everything we needed during our stay.
As for the apartment, the bed was roomy and comfortable, shower plenty hot with good pressure, and the kitchen had plenty of space and amenities for cooking. I think we prepared dinner three times during the week and ate breakfast every morning. A washer/dryer is a nice plus as well.
For us the location was quite good. We tend to walk a lot and used the bus only once. There are restaurants and shops just a few blocks away and the we didn't find anything that was too far away on foot.
We took the train to St. Andrews several times to attend the Open Championship. It takes about 1 hour 25 minutes of travel time by train and shuttle bus.
Overall, this was an excellent stay. Anyone looking for a clean, comfortable, well appointed apartment in Edinburgh and very reasonable rates, will find this to be a great option.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Clean, well appointed, good location.
Liked least: Although stylish and in good condition, the sofa and chair in the main room were not super comfortable to us.
28 Aug 2015
I would like to thank you very much for your wonderful review. I sincerely appreciate your time to complete this review, and I am sure the information you have provided will help future/potential guests in making their decisions. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. It was my pleasure to welcome you to Annandale apartment, I hope you will stay again if you ever return to Edinburgh. Thank you again, kindest regards, Liz
onenikhil
Bangalore
“One of the best places to stay in Edinburgh !”
Reviewed 28 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

A fine apartment with ample space and light. it's a duplex apartment with the hall and kitchen on the lower level and three bedrooms on the upper level. Close to all important destinations in the city with none being more than 2 miles away. It's a home away from home. Go for it !

29 Jun 2015
Unfortunately, I do not think this review is for my apartment? Hopetoun Crescent apartment is not a duplex apartment and is on the first floor. This review may be for another apartment in the same area.
Kind regards, Liz McVie
LindaBall...
UK
“First class service and accomodation”
Reviewed 29 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

Having read other trip advisor reviews I confidentally booked 6 days at this apartment and I was not disappointed. Liz was the perfect host. She emailed promptly and efficiently and really had our wellbeing at heart providing full details of how to get to the apartment and allowed us to book in before 4pm as we had an earlier flight.
She met us and showed us around the flat. It was immaculate, modern, and fully equipped right down to birthday candles, a rice cooker and everything you could wish for (apart from a pyrex jug for the microwave) but then we just made do.
This apartment truly was a home from home. It was very warm, so much as to say we switched the storage heaters off..in March! The windows could be opened if the child catches were disengaged which was useful when using the shower. OH my! and what a power shower it was. The best I have ever experienced which was lovely when using all the lovely toiletries that Liz had supplied.
The flat was a 10-15 minute down hill walk from York Place Tram stop, or a little less by bus. It was 3 stops to the Royal Mile if you wanted to save up energy for the day, however it was definitely walkable otherwise.
I cannot praise Liz for her flat enough. It was well sound proofed from the other residents although we had to get used to the buses returning to the depot in the early hours but there again we do live in the country, but this did not spoil our stay. We were too exhausted after a days sightseeing.
Liz, thanks for being a fabulous host and for being on hand throughout our stay. We would love to return to you in the future.

Liked best: everything
Liked least: leaving !
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
30 Mar 2015
Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful and detailed review.
I sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to complete this, and I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Annandale apartment.
It was a pleasure to meet you both, and I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Edinburgh!
Kindest regards,
Liz
gshills32
kent
“Lovely Apartment very close to all city centre”
Reviewed 24 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

We have just come back from a long weekend at the apartment. The apartment is lovely, very clean and comfortable . There were 3 of us with 1 person using the sofa bed. We are always wary of having to use a sofa bed but it was as comfy as any bed. The apartment was very well equipped, even having the nice touches that you usually receive only in hotels like toiletries and a little welcome basket etc.

The apartment is in a very good location, only a 10-15 minute walk to the centre. We got buses everywhere, there was bus stop just at the end of the road which went to most places.

When we return to Edinburgh we will not hesitate in booking again.

Liked best: Home from Home
Liked least: Nothing to dislike
Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children
25 Mar 2015
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, and everything was to your satisfaction, also that you would return on your next visit. I sincerely appreciate your time completing this review, thank you very much once again. Kindest regards, Liz
Hannah260...
Agen, France
“Fantastic apartment & great location”
Reviewed 17 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I stayed here over the weekend with my boyfriend and another couple and the apartment was everything we needed. It has a good location, with Princes St easily reached on foot in 15 minutes or so. It is also not far from the Omni Centre (which has a cinema, gym & restaurants) and also has a couple of supermarkets just nearby. If the weather's not great, it is also close to bus stops on Elm Row which go pretty much anywhere in the city.
The apartment itself is totally modern, with a fully equipped kitchen and really nice decor. It is also lovely and warm, and was spacious enough for four adults.
Liz is really friendly and helpful and was also flexible with our departure time. She was easily reachable by phone or text for any other questions we had.
The flat is also very reasonably priced for such high quality accommodation. I would definitely stay here again & recommend it to friends!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fact that the kitchen was fully equipped and the bathroom towels are really fluffy.
Travelling group: Friends
Families with young children
18 Mar 2015
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am really pleased you and your friends enjoyed your stay at Annandale apartment. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future! I sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review, thank you once again. Kindest regards, Liz
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing