“Our favourite local place for brunch (and wine)”
Review of Toast

Toast
Ranked #1 028 of 2 640 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is great. We eat here most weeks. And I often get a coffee on the way to work. We always find the service to be excellent. Staff are friendly and welcoming. The brunch menu is crackin'. Huevos Rencheros, avocado and eggs on toast with a bit of bacon. All delicious. Wine selection is fantastic, too - we've never had a bad glass.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As a local Leith resident, I have meaning to try Toast for a while and so today visited with my mother and baby daughter. As we walked in we were greeted in a very cold manner and seated at the stool bar. There was no high chairs and so we would have had to seat with her on our laps on high stools, which is not very easy when coffee and cake is involved. When a few tables opened up, we asked if we could move to one. The member of staff made us feel we were causing a massive inconvenience by moving, and another staff member made a point of telling us how in the way we were with our pram. We ordered two coffees and two cakes which were nice - especially the coffees - but the service throughout remained very cold and unfriendly. To be honest there are a lot of cool places to eat and relax in Leith, so I would definitely suggest visiting other places, especially if you have young children. It looks good but not a nice atmosphere to sit in.

1  Thank CEI1989
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Went for brunch, the place was busy with a really good atmosphere, great decor and really good well-priced food.
I had poached eggs with salmon which was delicious and beautifully cooked.
My daughter had poached eggs with avocado, again beautifully cooked and tasty.
There were several other items on the menu which we will try on our next visit.
The coffee here is excellent and is served in the correct sized cup when you want a small black coffee - 10/10 to the owners for this.
They also have an extensive selection of cakes and we bought some to take home and they did not disappoint, they were DELICIOUS.
Great little wine bar/cafe.

1  Thank IanB472
Reviewed 27 February 2018

We visited whilst in Edinburgh for the weekend and needed a late breakfast.

The 'cafe' was busy and I got the feeling that a lot of the customers were locals. Seemed quite a trendy place to come, which would normally put me off, but glad it didn't.

I had egg Benedict with bacon, which was well presented on toasted muffin and tasted perfect. All three of us rated our breakfast as one of the best ever. Along with a very good mug of coffee a perfect start.

Be prepared to have to wait for a seat, but well worth it.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Called in for glass of wine but ended up having lovely cheeseboard too. Lovely friendly staff and great atmosphere