“Amazing”

Ranked #810 of 2 701 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Neighbourhood: West End
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic place, cool decor, and amazing food. We had lots of small plates - the jerk ribs and jerk-and-cheese fries were sooo good! Can't wait to go back

1  Thank C K

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've never had Jamaican cuisine before so wasn't sure what to pick but everything we had was delicious. I will definitely be going back for more. The service was good, the only downside is that they don't serve any hot drinks so you have to go elsewhere if you fancy a coffee. Also worth noting that you need cash as you can't pay by card.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My partner and I came here for an after theatre dinner as he was really interested in trying it. He had baby back ribs to start and goat curry as a main and I had white bait to start and Trini chicken curry. The food was no frills but really tasty and really well cooked. It was inexpensive and it didn’t disappoint.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had a fleeting visit as needed to attend a conference. I was recommended this place to have a bite - down the road from where I was staying. I had the pulled jerk chicken burger with greens. Awesome spices and freshness - very satisfied. I was eating alone but wouldn’t hesitate to come back again with others.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

My mum had never had Caribbean food before so when she wanted to take me for a birthday meal, I suggested we go here. I ordered goat curry with sweet plantains and she had the rainbow salad with jerk chicken slices. Both were really nice and I particularly liked the lime salad dressing on the rainbow salad. The portion sizes were massive and neither of us could finish our meal. We went late in the day - around 3pm and we were the only people in the restaurant. Our food came really quickly but, as we were eating, the waitress's friend came in to chat to her and she pretty much ignored us from that point. I would definitely come back to sample the cocktails and the jerk chicken.