“First time visit”
Review of Beijing Banquet

Beijing Banquet
Ranked #641 of 2 640 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First visit to this venue. Generally good experience, although did seem a lot of the dishes were empty (counted at least 6) and no evidence that they were going to be replenished. We visited at 8pm which is 90 minutes before losing so no real excuse for this.

I also had to wait for 5 minutes for a chef to come to the fresh cooked station.

There were still enough options to enjoy a good meal although the over reliance on chicken made it a bit harder for my wife who doesn't eat chicken.

Efficient service and everything nice and clean.

Would we come back, maybe but prefer Cosmo for the greater variety there.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After coming here for a friends birthday I thought I would give it another go for my own. The first time round was lovely. I thought maybe first time lucky but no it was just as great. Great selection of starters, mains and desserts, a lot of variety and vegetarian options not 100% on their vegan options. Both times we went were lunch time. Wasn’t really expecting such a wide range. Noodles, pastas, pizza, soups, rice, chicken, beef, duck etc. A salad bar and a dessert bar with an ice cream machine and chocolate fountain. They have refillable fizzy juice, water tap and a fully stock bar. Staff are lovely, efficient and polite. Handle customers very well. The place itself is clean and well kept! Never had any issues with parking or wait times maybe we were just lucky? Would recommend and will be back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family of 8 took us to the Beijing Banquet in Edinburgh and honestly I thought that there was not a big selection to choose from, we were sadly disappointed and wont be going back again. Not just that we couldn't get a parking space so we had to park on the pavement and there was a queue so we had to stand out in the snow to get in and I was in a wheelchair and was not offered to come inside and wait and they saw me outside so no we wont be back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First visit but definitely won’t be the last.
Fantastic selection of food that was very hot and you will not leave here hungry
Very clean place
Can’t wait until We return

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a fantastic Chinese Restaurant on the West side of the City centre.
The choice of foods is excellent and always replaced regularly.
The Seafood Bar is so good as is the Steak counter.
There is something for everybody in the selection of foods and the desserts are amazing.