“Great pizza ”
Review of Pizzeria 1926

Pizzeria 1926
Ranked #101 of 2 783 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Busy little restaurant and no wonder. The pizza was light and fresh and super tasty. Excellent beer on tap and lovely service. Will definitely be going again.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

This is an interesting one for me to review. I make my pizzas from scratch in a neff pizza oven. I blend my flours to provide the flavours and consistency I want in a dough, and my spiced tomato base and add the toppings I love in cacophony of flavours in every mouthful. Consequently, I dislike anyone else’s meagre attempts at pizza making. So how do I rate Pizzeria 1926? Its different. Its obviously not what I like out of a pizza but its very dissimilar to any pizza I have had in the UK. If you’ve watched any foodie program you will have heard people talking about making the most out of simple flavours, and this is what these guys have done. Each item is clearly defined and has good flavour. The dough has a lovely chewy consistency around the edges although this pepper pizza was wet in the centre (which I’m not a fan of and fry/roast veg before adding to the pizza). The oven itself was amazing and I would love to see what I could do with it. Unfortunately one of the pizzas ordered was burnt on the bottom which they replaced within minutes without issue, so the service was good. Overall, its different. If you like pizza, give them a try, and if you are really fussy about pizzas, you may wish to go to see the oven and what it can do to a pizza and see if you can come up with any ideas for upping your pizza game!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

If you fancy a truly authentic italian pizza then you must visit Pizzeria 1926 which is a family run business serving original Naples Style food. Top insider tip: Ask for a basic pizza (original) and you will get the true taste of Naples :)

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Cheap and yet the best pizza in town. The place is usually busy, so reserve a table or arrive early.
The only thing I miss is delivery!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Had used TripAdvisor as a guide and was not to be disappointed the best pizza outside Italy . Felt I was transported back to Rome and my favourite pizzeria .The gnocchi starter was delicious and my pizza was superb , recommend this to everyone .