“Lovely Easter Weekend Dinner”
Review of Wildfire

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came here over the Easter weekend after wanting to dine here for several months and we were lucky enough to secure a reservation. I opted for the fillet steak which was cooked perfectly. The chips and salad were very tasty too. A very enjoyable meal all round. The service was good and the toilet was clean. I would eat here again. The only snag was that there was no option to leave a gratuity when using the card machine. I wasn’t able to leave as much as I would have liked for the service due to not having enough in cash, which was a little embarrassing.

1  Thank Gerronimo30
Write a ReviewReviews (2 132)

12 - 16 of 2 132 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food and service were excellent. The only reason I’m not giving this restaurant 5* is due to the setting. The meal for 2 of us was over £100 which I don’t mind paying if the setting is special but that’s not what I felt here. I’d describe it as a cafe/bistro type place. The tables are very close together and we had to wait a while to order drinks (although they gave you water straight away upon arrival). Again the food was beautiful and the service excellent but I feel I could have gone to a more luxurious setting with an equivalent or cheaper price. Would I return... yes if it was cheaper, no if otherwise

2  Thank Tina B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had to have an angus steak while in Edinburgh, so before leaving, we headed over for lunch, arriving just as they were unlocking the door. Service was friendly, but the food is what matters, and it was excellent. We asked to order off the dinner menu, and I had the steak while my wife had the duck. Both were truly excellent. This was actually the first time I had black pudding, and I loved it. Prices were reasonable for the UK. We'll be back in Edinburgh for a conference next year, and we'll be back to Wildfire.

2  Thank Jonathan B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This tiny restaurant is tucked away on Rose Street off Charlotte Square. Although it often books up (from what I found online), I came a bit early and secured a table. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The mushroom soup was hearty. I followed with a steak that was cooked to perfection. There was a good selection of wines by the glass. Although I was dining alone, I felt quite at home.

1  Thank ExecutiveNomad
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came here for lunch. I had a soup for starters and mussels with fries for mains, both dishes were delicious. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank clamlo