“Switch to Manual”

Edinburgh Photography Workshop
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A friendly and welcoming approach to teaching photography with clients from absolute beginners through to seasoned photographers. Each of the workshops are designed in such a way that the fundamentals are explained in simple language and then placed into context through practical application. Workshops conclude with a review of images taken to ensure that all the principles have been understood.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Highly recommend this workshop to anybody who wants to learn how to use their camera and how to take better photographs. Richard was very knowledgable, teaching not only how to make the most of your camera but the composition and final editing using Lightroom.

Rich_Dyson, Owner at Edinburgh Photography Workshop, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thanks for the lovely review Maisie

All reviews
"session"
in 7 reviews
"aperture"

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I thouroughly enjoyed learning how to use my camera and switching to manual. Rich is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about photography. He was patient and encouraging which was great for an absolute beginner like I me.

Thanks for the review Laura. I hope to see you on another workshop in the future

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I went along to the course very apprehensive as I knew nothing about cameras apart from the Auto button. By the time I had left I was taking photographs with the Manual settings and had a much better understanding about Apertures, Shutter Speed, Composition of photographs and other various bits and bobs. The instructor Rich was very easy to get along with and set me at ease right from the start. The day was helped by glorious weather making the walk along the chosen route very pleasant. I also learned various interesting historical notes about Edinburgh and its past citizens that I didn't know before. Also Rich's use of his model, Charles, was novel. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the course which lasted for just over four hours. Good valu for money

Rich_Dyson, Owner at Edinburgh Photography Workshop, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thanks for your lovely review Norrie. I look forward to seeing you on another workshop in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop. Although I knew the theory (aperture, shutter speed and ISO) I did not have the confidence to Switch to Manual. Nor did I understand the light meter or histograms. Overall I leaned allot and am now enjoying the M setting.

Seeing the photo software in action was a bonus too.

So much to learn and take in, my head was buzzing.

Whilst I can get the exposure 'numbers' correct, I still have allot to learn about composition. Meanwhile I'll keep practicing.

Rich_Dyson, Owner at Edinburgh Photography Workshop, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thanks for your great review, hope to see you again on another workshop