“Simply Amazing”
Review of Dil'se Restaurant

Dil'se Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 405 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Indian, Thai, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Restaurant Since opening in 2003 Dil'Se has remained a family run business. The restaurant has a modern and spacious interior seating 72. Most of the interior has been imported to add to the unique atmosphere. Function Suite Free of charge, host a party in our function suite equiped with a full bar that can accommodate up to 68 people. We can also offer a private buffet function if desired.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I love this restaurant and the food has always been amazing. We often buy Itison vouchers when the offer is on and they are a fantastic deal.
We have also had several take away's and no complaints there either. The staff are very attentive, courteous and nothing seems too much trouble. I read the odd negative review and can't understand what went wrong as this is certainly never happened in our our experience. I say give it a try for yourself and don't pre-judge. We will return next week and look forward to another fab meal. Mark & Claire

3  Thank Claimar1

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went there for the first time with a family group. Food was some of the best that I have had, value for money service was excellent would well recommend it. Will definitely visit again when I'm in Dundee

2  Thank Nigel A
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Another great meal at Dil’se. The restaurant is clean and staff welcoming and attentive. As on previous occasions, the food did not disappoint. Will definitely be back.

2  Thank smunn2018
Apu H, Manager at Dil'se Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you! We're delighted you enjoyed your evening with us and we look forward to seeing you again. Dil'se

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Called this restaurant to book a table with an itison voucher that expires at the end of the month.

The man who answered the phone told me I had missed the deadline to book a table. I had misplaced the voucher and was unware of this so fair enough, that was my fault.

What I found unnecessary was the manner in which he spoke to me. He was rude from the minute he answered the phone. At first he told me the wrong booking deadline and said it was tomorrow but then corrected himself. When i pointed out he'd changed the date he kept interrupting me and said 'just listen' and told me to read the voucher. When I pointed out I didn't have it in front of me at the moment but i would, he barked at me to read the terms and conditions and hung up on me.

While it was my fault that I was unaware there was a booking deadline, there was no need for the disgusting manner in which he spoke to me. I work in customer service and he needs to do some training.

Reading their Facebook reviews this attitude seems to be a common theme. As a result I will not ever attend the restaurant, and take my money elsewhere where it is appreciated.

Firstly, let me apologise for how you were spoken too on the phone. Our staff member was not meaning to be rude or disruptive when they were speaking with you but to state clearly (perhaps overly so) the terms of the voucher. I appreciate that you were aware of these, as you highlight in your review and this has perhaps led to some of the aggravation. I have spoken to our member of staff about this.

We always try, even when a booking is out with the 'book by' date on a voucher to still accommodate a reservation where we can. We are not sure who hung up on who but we hope you will allow us to do the same for you and still honour your booking with a reservation, which I will be happy to organise for you. We can offer you (apart from the Saturday) any day this week, including Sunday 1st of July, although beyond the original voucher.

If you would like to accept and arrange this reservation, please email me directly at manager@dilse-dundee.co.uk to let me know what day and time would suit you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with friends who had an Itison voucher but no problem to use that and add orders to it. Lovely atmosphere and all staff very friendly and helpful. Food was delicious. Not swimming in sauce but tasty and good size portion we could all finish. Reasonable prices too. Will return

2  Thank allyj22