2 people are viewing this hotel
US$102
Hotels.comUS$117
PricelineUS$115
Trip.comUS$136
All reviews train station great hotel modern hotel budget hotel discovery ship superior room the location is perfect floor to ceiling windows shower room minute walk bars and restaurants city centre buffet breakfast late check night stay would highly recommend this hotel car park
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2021 via mobile

Excellent value for money with helpful and friendly staff. This is in a great location and for the price you get a decent sized room with a comfortable bed. The bar and restaurant area is really comfortable and the breakfast is great value. Would visit again. Situated above the train station (though noise is minimal) and right on the waterfront it really is a great base for exploring Dundee and further afield. St Andrews was a short drive away.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RhiGri
Reviewed 18 July 2021 via mobile

Hotel room was nice, very clean and comfortable for a family. All staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Only complaint was breakfast, obviously because of Covid buffet is not available myself and husband had cooked breakfast which was fine although rather a small portion. My daughter is vegetarian so asked for scrambled egg on
Toast what came was not even a tablespoon of scrambled egg on a plate. I actually did a double take as I couldn’t believe that one the chef could put that out as a portion and two if I was the waitress I would have refused to serve that to someone. For £7.95 a head I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a decent size portion of scrambled eggs especially as that’s all she has asked for so there was nothing else to bulk it out. The only
Reason I didn’t complain is because the restaurant was busy and my daughter is a shy teenager was adamant she didn’t want a fuss made !

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2021

my wife received this booking for 2 nights B & B as a birthday present nearly 2 years ago ,
the hotel was kind enough to keep the booking open for us , and we finally got here on 7th July this year , we were put on the 5th floor by 2 very nice receptionists ,
the room is pretty basic , but the hotel is situated right above Dundee railway station and even on the 5th floor you can hear every train going into and out of the station.
we went for dinner in the restaurant on the first night , bit of a let down , I ordered a pizza , which I had to send back as it was cold , my wife got steak pie chips and peas/carrots , for the prices they charge you would maybe think it would be home made , no , it was all very plain and like a pie out of Greggs but not as big ,
drinks also are very expensive .
overall it is in a good location but very very basic .

Room tip: don't accept room 526
Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 23 June 2021 via mobile

For 2 nights in a city centre the price was good, the hotel also has great transport links with a bus stop and taxi rank outside it also its on top of the train station basically. The location is a stones throw away from a supermarket, V&A, Dundee city centre. Depending on which side of the hotel you stay you either have a city centre view or river tay view (I had a river view which was nice.

Staff very friendly and check in and out easy, there is no house keeping during your stay but supplies like towels etc can be called for. Even tho this hotel is in the city centre and above a railway station i must admit its one of the better sleeps in a hotel ive had the noise day and night is minimum and the bed was comfortable.

The TV remote seriously lagged switching on and off or even changing channel or volume (maybe the batteries).

The room did show signs of ware and tear head board had a slit in it, led strip lighting under bed had fallen off and just lay over the floor (was like this when i arrived). Window never opened especially with covid an open window for fresh air rather than air con would have been preferred, I appreciate i was on 5th floor but even if it opened a small amount.

For my needs on my trip the hotel was idea and I would stay again in future. All covid guidelines in place as well for piece of mind.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ross d
Reviewed 21 June 2021

I go to Sleeperz Dundee around twice a week and can offer no less than a full-blown endorsement of this establishment. I have engaged all tiers of staff, from management to cleaners, have stayed in the hotel, hired the boardroom and spent many hours in the cafe working and / or meeting with friends and colleagues.

Whatever the weather, the bar staff - Kirsty, Margaret, Morgan and Ross - are all incredibly polite and professional and even Manny the manager regularly goes above and beyond the call of duty for his most loyal and exemplary customers, without whom he would be left bereft.

From a customer who has spent more hours here than most - this is an outstanding business with the best and brightest staff. Use it and you won't be disappointed!

Room tip: Nothing to add.