“Gave up waiting for our order to be taken”
Review of Cuan Mor

Cuan Mor
Ranked #25 of 103 Restaurants in Oban
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Time to kill whilst waiting for time for distillery tour. Went inside told waitress we were sitting outside for a drink. She gave us the drinks menu and said she’d be out to get our order in a minute. Nearly 15 minutes later we left as by now we would have had no time to enjoy our drinks at a leisurely place. At a fiver for a pint of Guinness I’d like to enjoy it rather than be rushed. I did go inside to the bar but was completely ignored by the person behind the bar busy making coffees, and all other members of staff. Shame really as this used to be a place we enjoyed.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 074)

263 - 267 of 3 074 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My family went to Cuan Mor three years ago and had a very good time. It did look very good from outside so I was quite excited. My meal, actually, was quite all right. Scallops are always good and the mash potatoes served with it was quite nice, even though it came with two absurdly skinny sad asparagus in a big bowl.

Sadly, my sister in law's steak was rock solid and my mother in law's burger was just disgusting. The buns were rock solid too and the hamburgers were two frozen ones which looked straight from Asda. The waitresses weren't unpleasant but very young. The manager looked 16. They were all teenagers who played weirdly bad 90s music such as The Coors. They barely apologized but at least we didn't pay for my mother in law's meal.

A rather strange place. Not good strange. Avoid it.

1  Thank Renton2B
CuanMor, Manager at Cuan Mor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for providing us with feedback based on your recent visit to our restaurant. We are very sorry to have read that you have left unsatisfied due to your experience here with us.

Firstly, I would like to apologise about the quality of your meal. We have recently updated our menu for the busy season ahead in which we take all feedback on board whether its positive or negative. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Scallops and the creamy mash but very disappointed to hear about the steak and burger. Hopefully you brought both dishes to our attention so we could of rectified the problem.

With regards to the service, we are aware that we do have young members of staff who may want to follow the hospitality career path in the future. We try and maintain a high standard of service in which our staff members can achieve and are very proud of along with our managers who are all over the legal age. I am sorry to hear that you didn't receive the high quality of service which we should of provided on your experience. We have a playlist to match the atmosphere of the place in which there are mixed (mellow and some more upbeat) songs to make our customers feel relaxed when they're with us.

We hope that if you're in the area again we have the chance to provide you with the excellent service and meal you should've had in the first place.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Went on a busy Saturday night with no booking but they let us wait in bat area until table ready. Was about 45 minutes but worth wait as food was excellent. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank Booked765
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Just had a quick lunch here, it was so busy for a rainy Tuesday lunchtime but the staff were friendly and attentive. We both had fish and chips, and a couple of soft drinks and the bill was under £20, nice portions not too much (as it was lunch) so just perfect.!

1  Thank Jenny D
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped for dinner whilst in Oban for the day. Good varied menu and the food was great and reasonably priced.

1  Thank Marlborough L