“The perfect get away from it all!”
other travellers have booked this property
Skerry Cottage at the base of the lighthouse
beautiful sunset decking area from the kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
beautiful sunset
decking area from the kitchen
decking area and lighthouse
living room with open fire
main bedroom
main bedroom
bathroom
romantic setting for a wedding
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 59 reviews

Reviews from our community

Mac M
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“The perfect get away from it all!”
Reviewed 15 November 2020 for a stay in October 2020

Our stay at Buchanness was fantastic!
The cottages are within private grounds and gave good privacy. They were well equipped with all the mod cons, but still had the rustic charm's you'd expect.
Whether you want to explore the rocky island and local area, or stay curled up in front of a roaring fire, or even ship watch through the binoculars this is the spot for you.
From our arrival to our departure, Shelia was the perfect host and made sure we had what we needed.
I'd highly recommend!

Date of stay: October 2020
CCScotlan...
Scotland
“Beautiful cottage in an unusual setting made for a wonderful stay”
Reviewed 10 October 2020 for a stay in October 2020

Very friendly owners made us very welcome and provided everything we could need. Skerry Cottage is cosy, comfortable and beautifully decorated, and the view from the decking was just wonderful. We've stayed in self-catering accommodation all over the world and this was as good as anywhere we've been.

Go and see the nearby Bullers of Buchan, and Cruden Bay beach. Try out the Peterhead town trail, the maps are in the cottage. There is an ever changing view from the cottage of little fishing boats and ferries! Look out for seals, cormorants, there was even a sparrowhawk while we were there.

Date of stay: October 2020
Your age range 50-64
Mosspigle...
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Socially distance in cosy comfort”
Reviewed 4 October 2020 for a stay in September 2020

My husband and I stayed at the lighthouse as a wedding anniversary break. Our dachshund joined us. Warm and cosy and perfectly distanced for a pandemic get away. Sheila, the owner, is lovely. She was helpful and responded to emails. Her husband recommended some good beaches. We had local fish and chips a couple of times and dined at the Seaview Hotel. We found a good coffee in the village of Crimond. I highly recommend a stay.

Date of stay: September 2020
funkus_11
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing place to stay in”
Reviewed 29 August 2019 for a stay in August 2019

I always wanted to stay in a lighthouse and finally got the opportunity to stay in this amazing cottage, I went with my husband and a couple of friends for a short break and was absolutely blown away by the beauty of the cottage, sheila was welcoming and made us feel like we were moving in and part of the area rather than just guests, the area is amazing and peaceful, the local post office and chip shop are really good. I highly recommend this place to anyone as the area is amazing. I would recommend a trip to stonehaven while there too.

Date of stay: August 2019
Management Response
31 Aug 2019
Thank you very much for such a positive review - We're a small family business and it makes all the difference to us and our prospective guests if people like yourselves are good enough to take the time to pass on a positive experience . Welcome back any time !!
Beatrice...
Gold Coast, Australia
“Right on the North Atlantic Ocean.”
Reviewed 4 August 2018 for a stay in June 2018

My second time at Skerry Cottage; first with my husband in 2010 and now with my daughter. It is very cosy inside, and Sheila is a lady with a lovely smile who will give you a beautiful welcome. And oh the view at the back door on the ocean, well you could sit there all day! But you won't because you'll head off to Slains Castle down the road, and that's a story all of it's own. This is definitely the place to stay to breathe deep, before you continue on your journey to Edinburgh or Inverness. And the price is just right, in my opinion. Thank you Sheila, we loved it, again! I wonder if I'll ever go back ...?

Date of stay: June 2018
Management Response
4 Aug 2018
Thank you so much for the lovely review -It makes it all worthwhile when guests like yourselves have a great time ,and then decide to visit us again .
Here's hoping we can welcome you back sometime ! Sheila
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.