Reviews (2 075)
2 075 results
1 074
1 074
All reviews city centre an industrial estate leisure facilities swimming pool steam room two double beds thistle hotel leisure club lovely hotel good size bus stop short break great facilities great weekend an upgrade lovely room pleasant stay
169 - 174 of 2 075 reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Used this hotel for a weekend getaway with family. It was easy to get to and there was ample parking space. Decent facilities, nice little pool. There was a 10 min timer on the jacuzzi which was very annoying; it would only run for 10 mins with a 10 min interval before the next run, very annoying. Food was decent, although there isn't much selection available. All in all, good value for money, we enjoyed our stay and wouldn't mind going back for another short break.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KrisManship, General Manager at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear drtaurus,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review following your recent stay at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel.

I am pleased to hear you found the facilities to be good and the hotel good value for money,

It is great to hear you will stay with us again, we look forward to it.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Anniversary break had a fantastic break. Hotel was total quality from start to finish. Dinner on Friday was lovely and breakfast was exceptional. Staff were extremely helpful polite and pleasant. Room was great and leisure facilities wrre spot on would definitely book again. Well done

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear steph9961,

Happy anniversary! Thank you for choosing to spend your special occasion with us here at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel. I am delighted to hear it was an enjoyable experience and thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

The rooms have no heating control, well the one i was in , a heating on/off switch at the sise of the bed which didnt seem to work.
The room key which is a plastic card type key entry comes in a PAPER cover on it, this paper cover is required to access the restaurants even though you have your room card.There were guests being turned away constantly unless you had this paper card holder,it got to the point the staff took pleasure in sending countless numbers of guests away for this.
This hotel needs to get moving with the times...

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear rmalon697008,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed to read the hotel failed to meet your expectations and I would like to offer my apologies.

I am sorry to hear you disapprove of our policy that requires you to have your room registration paper with you if you wish to charge anything to your room. This is in place for security reasons, to protect you and make sure no one charges items to your room. other than you. Alternatively, you can choose to pay as you go along rather than charge items to your room.

I hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future so we may have the opportunity to improve your opinion of the hotel.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

The rooms are fine but they should be for the price of the place, they have a gym which looks fine although I can't really comment as I did not use this.

I ended up standing at the check in desk for about 15 mins at 11 at night checking in when all I really wanted after a long day was to retire to my bed. Surely there is a more efficient way of checking in??

Shame on them - £150 a night for a stay and they serve caged hens eggs for breakfast and the rest of the ingredients looked like they were scrapped off a production room floor somewhere.

Room Tip: Stay Elsewhere in a better location
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris M
KrisManship, General Manager at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Chris M,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to hear you found your room to be fine but I was so disappointed to hear that breakfast failed to exceed your expectations. We have put a lot of focus into offering the best breakfast we can and as you can see from the majority of our other TripAdvisor reviews, we usually receive excellent feedback complimenting the quality and range of our breakfast offering. Its disheartening to hear it did not meet your satisfaction and please accept my apologies.

I can assure you all our ingredients are fresh and of the highest quality. We have an Egg Chef on the breakfast buffet cooking eggs to order to suit your individual requirements, if you like your eggs a certain way, just ask and they will be cooked fresh for you,

I hope this does not deter you from staying with us again, so we may have the opportunity to improve your opinion of the hotel.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I had never done an Itison voucher before and was nervous that it was all too good to be true... a fantastic deal of two nights stay in a gorgeous room with an amazing 3 course evening meal on the 1st night beautifully presented by the chefs that tasted amazing although I had chicken confit that was a huge portion compared to my husbands two wee haggis as a starter we joked about that but it never dampened our experience one bit. The buffet breakfast omg! the abundance of food... the choice was fantastic, my husband almost needed rolled out of the breakfast room :) the spa facilities were great and we felt very relaxed afterwards and wished we had used it a second time but had made plans for to go into the city centre which we used the taxi service linked to the hotel. The room was spotless and very comfortable.. and the staff on passing were very pleasant, fresh towels daily and the shortbread was a cute touch. We will definitely be back keep up the good work

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear m_smith6051,

I am so pleased to you and your husband had an enjoyable stay with us here at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel.

Thank you very much for the lovely review, I hope are able to welcome you back soon.