“Bad Service, Good food”

Price range: US$3 - US$12
Description: True Neapolitan Pizzeria
Description: True Neapolitan Pizzeria
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The food was pretty good, the place was nice, overall a pleasent experiance.
When the check came I noticed they had missed a few beverages and we didnt want the waitress to have to deal with that, so we let her know and she quickly came back with a new check and the price was wrong again. The number of beverages was correct but they were incorrectly priced.
When I told her she refused to change the price even though it clearly said on the menu it was cheaper. We ended up paying the difference and left. Probably never going again.

VivaItaliaGroup, Customer Service Executive at Mozza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hi Luis V,

Thank you for leaving us your comments. They keep us on our toes, and allow us to improve in all areas at all times which we are very eager to do! I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your pizza on your recent visit, however it is disappointing to know that you were unsatisfied with the service you received. We take great pride in providing a high level of customer service, and I would like to offer my deepest apologies that we seem to have let you down. Suffice to say, we never ever want our customers to be wrongly charged for their meal and this is an issue that we take very seriously.

If possible, would you please provide me with some additional information such as the date and time of your visit, and the drinks that were incorrectly priced. This will allow me to investigate the matter further and resolve the issue as soon as possible. You can contact me directly at carla.nugent@tonymacaroni.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,
Mozza.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I decided to visit the somewhat newly opened Mozzarella in Union Square, Aberdeen prior to going to the cinema. We’d given ourselves a full hour and a half until the film started so we’re confident we had plenty of time.

On first impressions, it was only half full (surprising for a Saturday night) and one of the tables was covered in paperwork, a large file, a laptop and various cutlery in a bowl of water (making me assume it belonged to a member of staff). A bit scruffy but I wasn’t complaining.. I had an £8 pizza for goodness sake. I wasn’t expecting the Marcliffe standard.

I had a paramaham and olive pizza. It wasn’t outstanding. But nice nonetheless.

It was the service that bothered me most. After our meal, we asked for the bill (aware that we still had 45 mins until our film). 20 minutes later we were still waiting and the waitress who had been dealing with us was nowhere to be seen. Had she finished her shift and simply forgotten? We waited a little longer then asked another member of staff (who’d id previously watched pour a pint upright resulting in 50% beer, 50% foam head..) only to discover the other waitress sat on a chair in the kitchen. She obviously realised she’d forgotten to get the bill and promptly printed this out. However on receiving this, my partner and I clocked that she was stinking of cigarettes. We’d stopped eating so it wasn’t particularly off putting but I can’t imagine it would be pleasant if you were mid way into your meal.

Honestly, I probably won’t go back. First impression wasn’t great. I’ll probably head to Ask Italian or Prezzo next time.

Hey Ellie P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are greatly appreciated and are taken on board. I'm incredibly disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your recent visit to Mozza Aberdeen. We love providing our customers with delicious pizzas and great service, and I apologise if we have let you down on this occasion. I am very sorry that the service you received was not to our usual standard, as we place great importance on looking after our customers.

If possible, could you please provide me with some further information regarding your visit such as the date and time. This will allow me to investigate the matter further, and thus resolve any issues promptly. You can contact me directly at carla.nugent@tonymacaroni.co.uk.

I would really like to apologise again, and we would love to make it up to you and welcome you back.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

First trip in to Mozza at Union Square - as previous reviews indicate excellent Neapolitan style pizzas.

Pizza's arrived quickly and were both very tasty - was with a vegetarian who felt the choices were limited, especially if you don't like mushrooms!

Can recommend trying the beeramisu for dessert!

Only downside was a disagreement with a Deliveroo courier and member of staff which took place just behind us during most of the meal, which added a somewhat awkward dimension to an other wise pleasant meal.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to Mozza and I was not disappointed. The pizza’s are delicious and made from quality ingredients, also authentic to Naples. I am looking forward to returning to Mozza very soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Best pizza there is to be had in Aberdeen and closest to true Neapolitan style, thin, except the crusts, with minimal but delicious toppings, cheap and quick. The use of sourdough for the base is a revelation. Amazing!