“Genuinely the first time I have ever felt to Wright a review.”

Chopstix Noodle Bar
Ranked #373 of 743 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is basically a bad version of Dr. Noodles. The only thing good about this place are the actual noodles and the staff. The other ingredients feel cheap, poorly put together and tasteless. I feel bad for the people who are running the show, area managers and directors of the company. They are selling grass to sheep and getting away with it. Will avoid at all costs and absolutely not be recommending to anyone with taste buds in the future and I also wish the best of luck the the people actually working hard at the sites and not to the idiots ruining it from higher up than GM'S. hopefully it closes soon and some company actually half decent takes over the sight to make Aberdeen slightly better. Embarrassing noodle bar.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The restaurant we were going to was closed until evening, so hubby in his infinite wisdom decided to try here. There were no other customers .. but despite this, I was given no time to look at the options ... instead, a grumpy chap behind the counter barked at me ... "What size? Rice? Noodles?". Now, having only just set foot in the place, I had no idea what was on offer, and rather taken aback, I said noodles ... because it was a noodle bar, and he, shouted at me "What size?", to which I replied medium ... having no idea, wha tI was ordering He then went on to tell me to hurry up and pick my toppings. I picked 2 chicken things ... I can't even recall wha they were ... it passed in a blur. My husband came after me, and was treated to similar treatment. We reached the till, and I asked for a cup of tea, to be told that there were no hot drinks today. I said, oh, is the machine behind you not working, as there was a very visible hot drinks machine - only to be told it had been tempremantal and it was too much hassle to get it fixed. So I asked for a bottle of sparkling water. No, they don't do that either. She said if I paid for my noodles, I could leave them and run round to another place to get a hot drink and bring it back to enjoy with my noodles there. I said, no ... thank you for the suggestion, but my noodles would be cold by the time I did that. I did without the drink. We went upstairs ... and no other diners there either. Lots of mess, dirty tables and floors. When I did taste my food - it was actually cold already - so I could have gone and got a drink elsewhere and it would have made no difference to the temperature of the food. It is rather concerning that chicken is being served luke warm ... this is dangerous, and I am surprised that Environmental Health at the council have not been made aware of it. I visited the ladies before we left, and whilst overall, it was clean, the floor was not, and my shoes were sticking to it. I have no idea what was on the floor, but I literally had to peel my feet from the floor ... it was disgusting.

So from horrendous service, lack of drinks, cold food ... and the sticky floor in the toilets....it is somewhere I will NEVER go back to.

1  Thank A S
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I visted Chopstix with my cat on 20 April 2018. We had not been before.

I had Thai Caramel Chicken with chow mein noodles. The chicken was very good. The noodles needed more spice.

I would reccommend having meat dishes not noodles. This is a good place for fast food.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We decided to have our lunch meal at this joint. Please note they advertise halal food.

We ordered 2 medium boxes of noodles with salt and pepper chicken and potatoes, duck spring rolls and vegetable spring rolls. The food was excellent and different to the norm. We over ordered and had to take one box away with us.

One of the staff members was very grumpy and unwilling to help whilst the other was very welcoming and polite.

1  Thank acepower84
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Very quick service, polite staff. Food lovely and good variety. Upstairs seating very clean and spacious.