“Interesting walks”

Scot Free Tours
Ranked #2 of 20 Tours in Aberdeen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Learn about Aberdeen's history and colourful characters, from pirates to Lord Byron, in this free one and a half hour walking tour. All tours start from the Mercat Cross in the Castlegate. To join a tour just turn up for the start time. The tours are free to join but you are asked to pay what you think it is worth at the end of the tour.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went on 3 walks during a visit to Aberdeen. Interesting and really enhanced the visit. Of particular interest was the Old Aberdeen tour. I would have overlooked this area had it not been for the walk. It was very beautiful, and I am so glad I went. All the tours were fascinating and we'll researched.

Lia S, Owner at Scot Free Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for your review, Margot. I agree - the Old Aberdeen area is stunning. It's really nice to know that we helped you discover it.

All reviews
"donation"
in 3 reviews
"native"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good fun tour taking you around the centre of Aberdeen with interesting stories. Well presented.

P.S: Turns out eyeballs do not melt.

Lia S, Owner at Scot Free Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Haha, thanks for letting me know! Glad you enjoyed the tour.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just back from a short break in Aberdeen . Booked two walks with Lia prior to our visit the Aberdeen city centre and Aberdeen old town walk which my wife and myself enjoyed very much ,Lia is very knowledgeable and puts over the history of Aberdeen with a bit of humour with stories of many interesting characters and famous people associated with the city and famous universities around the city .
On our next visit to Aberdeen we plan to further visit old Aberdeen and Seaton park this is a very interesting conservation area of the city .
Keep up the good work Lia hopefully we will be able to make another visit soon.

Lia S, Owner at Scot Free Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks so much for the review! I hope you make it back to explore more of Old Aberdeen soon. There's so much more than we can cram in to the tour but I am glad it gave you a taster.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Very enjoyable tour, Lia is knowledgeable and shares many stories from Aberdeen history, Business and everyday life. Highly recommend!

Lia S, Owner at Scot Free Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Thanks so much for your review, Agate. Your recommendation is much appreciated!