“When food lovers open a restaurant ”
Review of 2 North

2 North
Ranked #53 of 220 Restaurants in Derry
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of stopping here for lunch recently. I driven past so many time and loved their deco every time I had to stop. The place has the feel of a pop up street stall that could appear in any city the world over. The deco is rustic, raw wood, peppered with photos and coordinates of the places the owners have visited. Travel books also help with this well traveled vibe. The menu is something special. Again, following the street food vibe. The staff are so knowledgable about food. They know every bite they serve. The food is perfect. Tasteful, well presented and appealing. The place has a huge social responsibility. They operate a no plastic stance. All packaging is biodegradable. Water is free. They are so many steps ahead of the main stream.
It’s a new food destination for proper food lovers.

1  Thank Gavinmcdaid

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

A return visit to the city brought me to this great little gem. It was refreshing to experience something different from the ubiquitous chicken goujons and tobacco onions! The two brothers whose venture this is are a delight, knowledgeable about street food with the underpinning technical skills of an experienced chef.

My friend and I enjoyed a fantastic fusion of black pudding croquettas, onion and chilli fritters and a stonking “backpacker” burger made with the finest beef.

Up to date, modern, fresh and eco-friendly, this place is inexpensive enough to drop in anytime. Do yourselves a favour, go there.

3  Thank tiastefano17
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We went here based on recommendation from someone else. There were 4 of us we took our own wine so that was a plus straight away. The owners are a treat, you can tell just from speaking to them they are passionate about the food they make. We were given a free appetiser of flatbread with an onion and jalapeno baji on top. OMG! the taste just explodes when you take a bite , its very obvious that everything is made fresh and on the spot. We had the North and Soul (ribs and boneless chicken thighs in a jerk sauce (to your choice of heat) along with their home made pickles and pickled red onion. The ribs were big fat meaty ribs, the meat just fell off the bone and the chicken thighs were cooked to perfection. The sauce was UNREAL! my sisters and daughter were gobsmacked at me raving about the food as I'm a bit of a foodie and can be very picky about my food. Oh and I cant forget to mention the croqutas WOW! The price was unbelievably cheap for the food and the service we received. I'm already planning my next outing there and I'm excited!

1  Thank caellieh
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

What an amazing experience and such a gem in the city. The staff are exceptional, so friendly and helpful and really add to the atmosphere of the place. The food was unbelievable, honestly there are no words to describe just how beautiful everything was and the ribs are the best I've ever tasted. I will be back time and time again. Thank you.

1  Thank Natasha H
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I went here with my three children and a friend ,the menu is limited which is a plus as what they do they do well .I believe that The quality of the food surpasses that of many overpriced restaurants that I have visited in Derry and they change their menu monthly which keeps the place interesting .I had the roti and my kids had burgers and chicken ,with fantastic onions (please share your secret) .What I really liked was the lack of up selling , I ordered two portions of chips but he advised me to go with one as they were large portions -and they were amazing crisp with skins on. They also gave the kids a free ice cream as we were leaving -such small touches but combined made our visit so enjoyable-well done and we will definitely return !

1  Thank avrilkeyes46