All reviews mourne mountains tollymore forest park ulster fry quiet retreat newcastle town centre evening sun hot shower an iron beautiful country fresh fruit salad were greeted warmly rooms are spacious choice of cereals deluxe room next morning night's sleep on arrival
Reviewed 15 October 2018

I stayed here for 5 nights while visiting a friend for her wedding in nearby Dundrum and loved every minute. The rooms are spacious and private, and very clean. The breakfast is lovely and the family running the estate are very friendly. Every need I had - including an iron, having laundry done, etc - was all taken care of quickly and with minimum fuss. And the area is so scenic. Only a quick couple minute drive from Newcastle foreshore.

Room tip: I would imagine all rooms are lovely.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2018

After lots of hiking, driving and sight seeing, this beautiful country house with large bedrooms and expansive grounds was a true delight. A cup of tea and a stroll on the grounds, was perfect to feel like I was home. The staff was quick to help and adapt when part of my family over slept their breakfast time...:) They also gave great suggestions for dining out and maps for local hikes. Tollymore Forest Park is very close by! The bathrooms were very nice and the breakfast was perfect! Thank you again for a wonderful stay!

Room tip: All the rooms are very nice and have great views.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Thank Christy Pleasan... C
Reviewed 31 August 2018

I stayed for a fantastic 3 nights with family within the Annie's Cottage. Fantastic rooms, great size with lovely comfy beds! Annie's cottage was very modern with everything you could require. The setting around the Briers is superb and peaceful. The view is spectacular.

Maureen and the staff at the Briers worked exceptionally hard to ensure your every need was catered for. The breakfast which was ordered the night before was exceptional ! You couldn't ask for any better.

I look forward to my next stay here next year!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a lovely 3 night stay with my family at Annie’s cottage. First impressions we couldn’t believe how big & cosy the cottage felt so much room for the 6 of us. The cottage had everything we needed, washing machine & dryer, iron & ironing board, brilliant WiFi & kitchen stocked so well. The gardens are very large & beautiful to walk around. Everyone slept well in comfy beds and the showers were always hot when we needed them. We had breakfast every morning in the main house which was ordered the night before, I can honestly say it was better quality than most hotels I have been to. Fresh ingredients with so much choice of cereals, fresh fruit salad, porridge etc and even freshly brewed decaffinated coffee for myself.

If you are staying near Newcastle or visiting the Mourne mountains do not hesitate to stay here you will be so well looked after by Maureen & her staff they can’t do enough for you. In the area we went to some lovely restaurants with good quality food you will be spoilt for choice. Views of the mountains were amazing such a peaceful place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

a great b&b with great staff and great rooms a huge carpark the breakfast was so good. my wife is gluten and lactous free and this was no problem at all you order breakfast the night before with a time then when you come down its just minutes away

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple