“I wouldn't recommend for food but I would for drinks & good atmosphere. ”
Review of The Devenish

The Devenish
Ranked #417 of 1 106 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

We went for a family meal tonight and unfortunately the food wasn't great. My steak tasted off and my cousin sent her curry back. The service was poor. They brought out our mains while still eating the starters. We waited for cutlery to arrive which it didn't, so I had to go to get it myself. Our drinks also took ages to come. It wasn't overly busy and there was certainly enough staff on but they seemed to be standing about talking rather than actually working. Would I recommend this place for food? no. Would I recommend it for drinks & good atmosphere? Absolutely.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (186)

Reviewed 29 July 2021 via mobile

We went for the first time to your venue.
You have spent a lot of money and it all looks well. Your staff are professional and friendly. You’ve nothing to worry you there.

I’m sorry to say your food is dreadful. Everything is fried and the whole place smells of cooking oil. The menu does not cater for vegetarians or vegans and has one choice of fish which is soaked in oil.

Please also note some of the seats in the ladies need replaced. They are worn and black spots are on the toilet seats which is at the least off putting.
To have spent so much money making it look so good it’s a shame.

Please take this as a constructive criticism
We were very disappointed.
We wish you success.

Reviewed 22 July 2021 via mobile

Terrible food service, folks. Oblivious, rude staff and a really ramshackle system. (Oh, and no Covid measures: no masks; no tracing; no hand sanitiser, and as I write the rates are flying up in West Belfast.) We ordered drinks; they forgot we ordered drinks. (And they don't let the Guinness settle - it's like London Guinness.) We had to give them a table number; they'd put the wrong number on the table (lol). This meant that they went around the wrong section of the restaurant with our food, looking for who they should serve, before giving up, and then coming out 15 mins later and trying again (with soggy food). The order wasn't even as described. A fiasco from start to finish (and zero apology). I pity the chefs, working in the current sweltering heat and doing a great job (the food, despite this service, was good). I'm normally easily enough pleased, I swear!

Reviewed 20 July 2021

Fantastic out door area (SUN TRAP ☀️)

Birthday treat with the girls.
The quality of food was superb, as was the service .
Could not fault it . Great atmosphere & to top the day off we got a free glass of bubbly

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Reviewed 13 July 2021

Have eaten in the Devenish several times, the staff are so helpful & lovely (especially Meabh who went above & beyond to make sure we had everything we needed).

The band that was playing on Saturday (something along the lines of “sausage & mustard” were great . Atmosphere was fab and the steak platter went down a treat...

Cannot recommend this place enough for dinner, drinks and special occasions (we liked the place so much we booked it for my Fiancé’s 40th Birthday Party)…

Well Done to all ⭐️