Open today: 10:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
great little place

My wife and I called in for hot chocolate and it was wonderful. It wasn't too sweet and definitely... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Mrlucky09
Belfast, United Kingdom
Fabulous!

Visited this slightly hidden gem as part of the Belfast Taste and Tour. Really enjoyed the hot... read more

Reviewed 27 October 2018

from US$16,00
from US$41,00
from US$57,50
More Info
All reviews hot chocolate is wee spot city hall central belfast shop artisan producers treasure
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

If you are visiting the shop to buy some chocolate it tastes good but I was strongly advise against wasting your money on the Chocolate Masterclass. Firstly the kitchen area is far too small for the amount of people squeezed into it. All you do is melt chocolate in a microwave, add cream,water or milk and roll into balls. £40 per person is very steep for what you get ... if you Google "easy chocolate truffles recipe " you can find the exact same instructions online for free. I didn't want to write a bad TripAdvisor review and voiced my disappointment to the owners in an email but unfortunately they dismissed my email and said if I wanted a better experience or to learn something a bit more technical I should try other local businesses who may meet my needs. Overall very disappointing experience

Date of experience: May 2018
4  Thank Caron-ireland
D M, Manager at Co Couture, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Caron,

I’m very sorry to hear that you still feel strongly about this 4 months after the fact. As I mentioned in my final email on January 9th, this is the first complaint we have received about the classes in almost 10 years of doing them, so your comments have been noted and we shall use them to improve the experience in future.

When I didn’t receive any response to that email I assumed the issue had come to a conclusion, but as I said, I am very sorry that you feel the class was not good value for money.

For reference, please see some of our Facebook reviews below.

Many thanks,
Tommy

“We did the masterclass on Saturday morning, absolutely fab. Great fun, a really lovely and sociable group of people, and Deirdre was just wonderful. We came away with lots of great tips and ideas for making our own truffles at home, a bag of our own creations, and full of Co Couture's delicious hot chocolate and brownies. Would highly recommend!”
Ciara – 5 stars

“I did the masterclass yesterday and what a fantastic experience it was. Deirdre is a fount of knowledge and full of fun. What a bonus to get to drink the world class hot chocolate that Co Couture has to offer and sample some of their amazing chocolates and marshmallows. I can not recommend Co Couture highly enough. It’s a must do on the list of Belfast experiences.”
Louise – 5 stars

“I did the masterclass today and it was brilliant. Deirdre’s enthusiasm is contagious. Definitely worth a visit and by far the best hot chocolate you will find.”
Jen – 5 stars

“What a great time I had at the Masterclass today, and what a lot of fun it will be enjoying the truffles I made :-) thanks to Deirdre for such a fun and informative time!”
Paul – 5 stars

“Went to the chocolate masterclass this morning and what a great experience!! Something different and couldn't recommend highly enough.”
Suzanne – 5 stars

“Attended an afternoon chocolate making class, it really was super! Looking forward to attempting my new ganache making skills at home!”
Gillian – 5 stars

“Fabulous chocolate making class tonight!”
Beverley – 5 stars

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I have bought great chocolates here in the past, but after my past two experiences I won't try in future. I visit Belfast about once a month, and about five weeks before Christmas I went to Co Couture to buy some chocolates, but they only had a limited selection of about three different types. Called again last Saturday to buy a box as an Easter present for a friend - they had run out of boxes! On a Saturday two weeks before Easter! I don't live near the city, so being told that they might have boxes in stock later in the week was of no use to me. I know this is a small independent business, but it needs to be able to meet market demands. In future I will give my business to a reliable company prepared for customers. I always try to support local producers, but I won't be back to Co Couture.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Sweet little chocolate and coffee shop, smack bang in the centre of Belfast.

It has good natural light, despite being basement level. Simple and tasteful decor. Feels fresh.

The chocolate is to die for.

Staff very friendly and helpful. They could do with less banging things on the steel surfaces in the kitchen - it was loud and distracting. Other than that, the ambiance was just right.

Warning: there's no decaf.

Recommended.

1  Thank ResliCostabell
Reviewed 28 February 2018

THE place to go if you're a choccyholic. Yummy scrumptious hot chocolate and delicious choccy based food. Staff friendly and welcoming.

1  Thank yell0wlup0
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Dragged my partner in dine, eldest cub and a chum here for a hot chocolate - first time for the cub and the chum. The hot chocolate was rich and creamy and came with a free chocolate and marshmallows. And if that wasn't enough there was hot mil if it was too rich or cream if wasn't rich enough. Deirdre McCanny, the owner, was on hand making sure we were looked after.
The hot chocolate was perfect - warm and full of favour. It was a lovely way to spend an hour sitting, sipping and chatting.
There is much temptation to indulge in chocolate delights and you really should not resist.
Well worth a visit for gourmet chocolate!

1  Thank morebeernow