All reviews booked a table wedding reception superior room night porter full irish breakfast course meal northern ireland city centre visiting belfast lisburn ciara tesco bistro
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. I found all the staff friendly and accommodating. The room was lovely, newly refurbished, clean and modern. Food was excellent. I had no complaints at all. Would recommend staying at this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Diane B
Reviewed 8 September 2018

This is the second time I've stayed here. The room was lovely - spacious, clean, well decorated - but the bath plug didn't fit! The water drained away as I soaked. Bar service at around 11pm on Friday was poor - the single barman kept disappearing. Breakfast was delicious and the single waitress very friendly and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

This evening 7/9/18 at around 7pm I took my family out for dinner post my sons graduation. I had heard good reports of the Beechlawn in Dunmurry but I was very wrong to take those opinions into consideration to celebrate such an important event....

When coming into the restaurant we were greeted by a member of staff who put our cutlery beside me and walked off leaving us to “help ourselves”. When asking for our orders, no effort was made to ask about sides or sauces or if anything extra could be done for us. About 10 minutes later our drinks finally came and our starters shortly after. This was ok. However, the mains were horrible. The roasts were okay, on the cold side, but what was extremely disappointing was the mushroom tagliatelle which the garlic bread was quite simply burnt. To which I was told was because it was sat under the heat lamp, which is no excuse. No effort was made by the manager to resolve the issue merely an apology.

The desserts were ordered eventually 15 minutes after the table cleared, our server did not know the specials which she left for another 5 mins to find out. We waited a grand total of 25 minutes for desserts which never came. 3 slices of Pavolva, a slice of cheesecake and an apple crumble. Where they milking the cow out the back for the ice cream??

Upon deciding to leave we were told our desserts were on the way but it was too late. All the manager could do was apologise and give us the bill.

Customer service was appalling...
Food was mediocre.....
Timeliness was non exsistent....

DO NOT GO HERE!!!

5  Thank 275ke2018
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Had a 2 night stay as a group of 7 family and friends. Our room was on the ground floor and had recently been refurbished. Very clean. Kettle with plenty of tea and coffee. Couldn't fault the room at all. We ate in the bistro both nights food was great and large portions. Yes there was a bit of a wait but as a group of 7 we expected it and the hotel did have a wedding there on the same day. All staff were very friendly and helpful we couldn't fault any of them. We will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank eternit
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

So if you fancy going out for food...please stay well clear of Beechlawn Hotel. Now this isn't just someone who moans and puts in bad reviews. This is my first but I had to warn others. Better still, this was the place where I got married, so that's why we gave it so many chances but it has went really downhill. The last time we called in we waited almost an hour for our starters of garlic bread and cold soup...seriously??? Then the wait was so long for our mains that we had to leave because the baby had to go to bed. And now today my wife talked me in to coming back and I'm sorry I did. We bypassed the starters because we didn't want to be in here all day and it was a wise move. Again we were left waiting for nearly an hour on our food and when it finally did come they forget the child's dinner which arrived ten minutes later. Honestly people in accident and emergency get treated quicker. I noticed that they are getting an extension so I think they must have sacked the chef to pay for it. What's annoying too is the fact it's not even that busy and they are still so slow. So I can't emphasise enough....go somewhere else if your hungry!

Date of stay: August 2018