All reviews city centre luxury room ipod docking station street parking queens university university street botanical gardens walk in shower huge bed lovely hotel full irish botanic avenue ulster museum lovely bathroom night porter reception staff comfortable bed
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and were well pleased with this hotel.we checked in with Michelle and have to say she was very pleasant and helped us several times with travel plans,bus trips,places of interest,the purchase of tickets for attractions etc.Gary was one of the bar staff and likewise a pleasure to deal with,loads of conversation,points about places to visit and was well liked by all customers we saw,he also served breakfast one of the mornings(good luck with the new baby due).Breakfast cooked to order and well presented,not a lover of pork and leek sausage but that’s only personal choice,bar food served up to 9 at night and again very good.One small let down was room maintenance,not hoovered everyday and sundries not replaced daily,tea and coffee in rooms with biscuits,should have anti slip mats for bathrooms,lethal when wet.on street parking which was free but limited in space at times.several cafes and restaurants and 24 hour shops close by.20 minutes walk to city centre.Thanks guys,very friendly staff at reception,bar and restaurant makes it a perfect to stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
manager_125, Front Office Manager at Dukes at Queens, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

I am really pleased you enjoyed your break with us and found the location central for shopping and sightseeing. It is great to see you had an opportunity to visit some of what Belfast has to offer! I am so pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us and our staff members impressed you with their friendliness- this makes their job so more much worthwhile when we receive positive feedback! My apologies regarding room maintenance this is simply not what we aim to achieve.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel for ourselves and another couple because of the reviews. The rooms have new carpeting but they must of decided to put their renovations into the floors instead of new beds.

Although the room looks nice the new sink taps were loose and toppling over as not screwed down properly. The toilet paper roll was gone and the paper was on the floor and it’s hard to think about getting any sleep on the bed in this room. It is at least 6 years old, covered in stains of god knows what and upon asking the manager (Jacqueline) to explain how this could possibly be acceptable she repeatly explained that all the beds were this soft but declined to explain why they were so old and stained/dirty. We had prepaid for two nights they have no other rooms available. Moving will cost us at least 70 pounds a night to another hotel. Then the a/c dies on the hottest day of the year in our room and because the hotel is designed so no windows open we’re up to 38 c. by 5:00 pm. The night staff was requested to find us another hotel but after 45 minutes of waiting and seeing front end staff shopping for shoes on the front desk computer instead of my future hotel room I started yelling directing them to a hotel I had found myself and checking out immediately.

I am so disappointed with Dukes at Queens Belfast. Terrible customer service atrocious behaviour and arrogant management.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lazygirlathome

We take the time to read and acknowledge all our guests’ feedback and make sure that we are doing our best to improve service in every area. First of all, you’re correct, I did repeatedly tell you that all the beds were soft in all the rooms, only in response to your repeated question as to why the beds felt that way. We did have a very hot summer here in Northern Ireland which took the whole country by surprise, unfortunately none of the windows open in the hotel but instead all rooms are equip with air-conditioning. If this doesn’t suffice we have fans available to guests.

Before my shift ended I did ask you if you would like to be reallocated to a different hotel but you declined. Later in the evening you decided that you didn’t want to stay with us which lead our evening receptionist helping you to find alternative accommodation- which during summer months usually takes a bit of time as I’m sure you can understand other tourists require accommodation throughout the city. My colleague asked one of the Bistro staff to cover reception while she focused on finding another Hotel for you, she went into our Function room and was slightly surprised when you started accusing her of being on her break when she was only trying to help. Thank you for pointing out that you ‘starting yelling’, not just to our lovely receptionist but all over the hotel. This wasn’t greatly appreciated and neither were the threats- yelling at staff members isn’t something that we condone here at Dukes at Queens.

You also didn’t check out, you were asked to leave.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Nice hotel, Very comfortable and spotless clean. We stayed in a suite and it was fantastic I really enjoyed the modern yet chic décor of the room and hotel. Only downside was the staff in the bar/dining area were not very friendly & parking is only what is available on the street outside .We easily walked into the city from the hotel so everything is close by.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank robmckenna89
manager_125, Front Office Manager at Dukes at Queens, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay while you were with us.As I am sure you can understand, we are located in the super busy Queens Quarter which at times spaces can be hard to come by due to Queens University on our doorstep. Spaces do however free up when student lectures are over and local businesses in the area close for the day.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with daughter visiting Queens University. Hotel was lovely. Bedroom quiet, bed comfy, nice toiletries and really lovely bathroom!!! Nespresso machine a bonus and really nice as had simple instructions how to use (normally I get soooo cross when can't work the machine out - lol!) Ate out both nights but breakfast really lovely and cooked to order. Would definitely stay again and highly recommend. Thank you :)

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 904vickyr

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay while you were with us and took advantage of our luxurious Villeroy & Boch bathroom suites, with revitalising rainfall shower. I'm glad that you were able to follow our instructions for your Nespresso Machine- they are usually so complicated to use!

I hope you have an opportunity to return again in the future and if there is anything I can help with in assisting your next booking please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jacqueline@dukesatqueens.com.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Spent one night at this hotel for our 11th anniversary. Met by friendly and efficient staff. Room was large, well presented and spotless. Had little touches in room for our anniversary like petals on bed.Really comfy bed. Beautiful breakfast. Asked for a late check out- agreed at no extra charge. Recommend without hesitation!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay while you were with us and appreciated the extra touches that reception and housekeeping had organised. I hope you have an opportunity to return again in the future and if there is anything I can help with in assisting your next booking please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jacqueline@dukesatqueens.com

Jacqueline