All reviews the marco pierre white restaurant city airport east belfast ulster fry junior suite jacuzzi bath night porter bar food business trip cooked breakfast room was spacious hotel bar titanic experience stayed here for one night yogurt receptionist cinema
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

We have stayed in The Park Avenue Hotel several times. The staff are friendly; the rooms are spacious; the food is tasty, and last but not least, the location is so convenient for visiting the city centre.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Park-Avenue-Belfast, Guest Relations Manager at Park Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Good morning and thank you for posting such a lovely review. We are delighted that you are a regular visitor with us and continue to enjoy our facilities. It is always great to hear reports regarding our friendly staff as we endeavour to have a continued improvement in both our welcome and the facilities that we offer guests.

As you know, we are a family owned and managed hotel and we feel that our team help us stand out from the 'brand' competition in the city - so thank you for noticing.

We really look forward to welcoming you back again

Reviewed 2 November 2016

I stayed here for one night on business - I needed somewhere close to Belfast City airport and convenient for my next meeting. This hotel was fine. Bed was comfortable. I particularly liked the made-to-order breakfast that arrived quickly. Didn't need the wifi as there was a strong 4G signal. It was a bit dark as half the bulbs in the ceiling lights didn't work and there was no well-lit mirror.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Dear Ms. Williams
Thank you for posting such a lovely review. I was delighted that you found the Hotel to be in the ideal location for your business requirements and that you experienced a strong wifi signal.
We have invested heavily in new beds recently and we appreciate that you thought the bed to be comfortable. It is always good to receive feedback. I have passed your comments on the made-to-order breakfast onto our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager as this is something we pride ourselves in as most hotels offer a buffet service for breakfast and we are grateful for your positive comments.
With regard to the lighting in the bedroom, I have passed your comments onto our Maintenance team with a request that all bulbs within bedrooms are checked and replaced where necessary. Your comments on a well-lit mirror has been passed onto our Housekeeping Manager to see if there is a way to address this within our next round of bedroom refurbishment.
I do hope that you will have the need for a business base at some time in the future and would not hesitate in choosing the Hotel as your base. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 1 November 2016

I held a major work function here a week ago including the rental of 3 conference rooms & 6 hotel rooms for 2 nights, catering etc. This was our first event in Northern Ireland and we chose this hotel on the basis of reputation and how helpful they were on the phone. I arrived at 7am having travelled on the night ferry and the hotel had even sorted out an early check in for me. My hotel room had a walk in shower and separate tub, was huge and immaculate. The function rooms were set out how we wanted them (we sent a plan in advance) and we had a great 2 days there with nothing seen as too much trouble for the staff. Food was great, the whole event went very smoothly. Yes some maintenance is needed in the function rooms but it should be remembered that these areas take a hammering. None the less I'm giving this hotel 5 stars all the way. I'll use this venue again. Top marks all round and it's not expensive either.

Room Tip: Room 106 is great but doesn't have a view of the water or the cranes,.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank AndrewPSmith

Dear Andrew,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review following your recent conference. The whole team were delighted with your comments as it is always a great morale booster when we have met and perhaps even exceeded our guest’s expectations.

We totally take on board your comments regarding the function room maintenance and can assure you that this is one of the areas that is included in a constant round of refurbishment and maintenance. We are always trying to upgrade and add to our facilities on a regular basis.

Please do come back to our team should you have occasion to require conference facilities in the future as always, they would be delighted to help.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Stayed here as part of a four day trip to Belfast. The hotel was good, large comfortable room with well replenished teas coffees and biscuits, but don't expect a lot of power from your shower.
The restaurant was a branch of Marco Pierre White, but the food was fairly basic. Plentiful and well cooked, the soups in particular were excellent. Breakfasts were the best with proper porridge and basically whatever you liked in the cooked variety. The staff were excellent, nothing seemed too much trouble. Main criticism, as we were part of a tour we ordered dinner in advance daily. If other customers entered the restaurant our food came later and later as they seemed to be prioritised.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Frances,

Thank you for taking the time to post your 4 star review. I was glad to read that you had an overall enjoyable experience with us as part of an organised group whilst saying with us.
I was sorry to learn that whilst dining you felt that other customers were given priority over your group. On researching it would appear that groups when dining are usually served when everyone is present at the tables and it may be the case that on occasion other guest orders were placed whilst waiting on the group gathering. I do however apologise for this and hope that this did not detract from the overall enjoyment of your stay.
We do hope that you would choose to visit with us again in the future either in a group or having chosen the Hotel personally for yourself.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

We went as part of a 70th birthday party, food was amazing, no one in our large party had a complaint. Staff are very friendly and professional. Couldnt say a bad word about the place. Would have no problem going back here!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Park-Avenue-Belfast, Guest Relations Manager at Park Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Food was amazing
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. I am delighted that you and the guests from your party enjoyed your meal. I have of course passed your comments onto the team as this means a lot to everyone and is very much appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.