Reviews (1 522)
1 522 results
All reviews secure parking queens quarter the sofa bed car park botanic avenue free breakfast ulster museum university area minute walk good size would stay here again botanical gardens cooked breakfast hotel is situated bars and restaurants family room belfast city
30 - 35 of 1 522 reviews
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful hotel but not in a great location , dinner was lovely, staff were friendly and very helpful , room was comfortable and clean , only issue was the noise of other residents , could hear everything , very unrested sleep .

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Grace P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sharongxox,

Thank you for taking time out to provide us with some feedback.

I'm pleased to read that you found our staff were friendly and very helpful as well that your room was comfortable and clean.

I'm sorry to read that you were not happy with our location to be the perfect base for all your plans. and that you had an issue with the noise from other residents and you had restless sleep.

I have passed your comments to our Front office manager to look into and if you are coming back to Belfast please contact me directly on meetings@hiexpressbelfast.com and ill make sure you will have a great stay with us.

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

This hotel has been absolutely fab for our 4 day stay exploring Belfast and Giants Causeway. It is immaculately clean everywhere, room was lovely with a fantastic shower. The staff couldn't have done more, they offered so much advice and directions, booked taxis for us, and gave me a late check out on the last day when I was unwell. The buffet breakfast is lovely, so much to choose from and runs til 10.30 which is hugely civilised if you're not a morning person like me!
The walk into the city was a bit confusing but eventually got the hang of it. Took about 25 mins but I'm not a fast walker.
There are loads of great eating places, coffee shops, little supermarket etc on Botanic Avenue a few mins walk away and as it's a student area, very reasonably priced.
I'd highly recommend this fab hotel to anyone, business or leisure

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear GBStephie7,

Thank you for taking time out to leave us with some feedback.

I'm pleased to read of the aspects of your stay on this occasion, including our location and service from our friendly and welcoming staff.

Its a great boost for us to know you had an excellent experience and our food was delicious at breakfast, also that you will be recommending us and returning once again

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a night this week; location is very good for Queens University and although a little way from the City Centre it is walkable.
My 1st floor room was very spacious and comfortable, with modern furnishings and a large comfy bed. The ensuite was clean and had decent shower pressure. Everything I needed for a short stay really.
Breakfast is, of course, free and is the usual HIE fayre.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Alexj262,

Thank you for taking time out to provide us with some feedback.

I'm delighted you found our prime location to be the perfect base for all your plans in Belfast, as well as the other aspects you have mentioned.

I'm glad that you found your room very spacious and comfortable, with modern furnishings and a large comfy bed as well as the en-suite was clean and had decent shower pressure.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Second stay at this hotel. Has been modernised well since last visit. Large bright modern reception area. Quick efficient check in and check outs. Twenty minute walk from the city centre. Around £12 taxi from George Best City Airport. Wide airy corridors and lifts. Modern well equippped rooms with decent standard including tea/coffee making facility. Comfortable beds, modern good level shower. All very clean. Breakfast buffet had enough choice and variety to do the job, Nice to have local potato cakes in the warm buffet. The surrounding area is handy for a five minute walk to the University and Botanic Gardens. Good transport links with bus routes Botanic Rail Station and stop for the Hop On Hop Off Tours. Plenty of local eateries and bars from snack places to restaurants. Would gladly use again.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Grace P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear Liammer,

Thank you for taking time out to leave us with some feedback. I'm to read of the many wonderful aspects you have mentioned including all of our food offerings, location and service. I know all of our staff will be delighted reading your fantastic review.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Comfy beds and pillows, breakfast was pretty basic buffet but plenty of it and it was tasty enough. Nice coffee. Evening meal was fine, but the restaurant/lobby area is a little cold and unfriendly particularly if you're travelling alone as I was. However I would happily use again. Very convenient for when I'm visiting Queen's University Belfast, about a 10 minute walk.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Grace P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear Micaca,

Thank you for taking time out to leave us with some feedback.

I'm pleased to read of the aspects of your stay on this occasion, including our comfy beds and pillows and evening meal.

I am disappointed to read of the issues you have mentioned and I have passed your feedback regarding restaurant and lobby area cold and unfriendly on to our restaurant manager to look into this issue, however I'm happy to read that you will be back and staying with us again and found our location very convenient.

Please feel free to contact us directly to book your stay and we hope to see you soon again.