Reviews (4 142)
4 142 results
2 673
2 673
All reviews opera house turn down service beautiful hotel mini bar central location hotel bar from start to finish a lovely stay top class city hall executive room afternoon tea cooked breakfast stayed for one night concierge bath sofa
138 - 143 of 4 142 reviews
Reviewed 19 November 2018

Excellent hotel and ideally located near the hub of Belfast, staff very friendly and superb standard in all departments within the hotelWe booked a family room and had a wonderful time.Will definitely make a return visit to Belfast and specifically to stay at the Fitzwilliam hotel again

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JaraSlugocka, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2018

Dear happyout2018,

We are delighted to hear about you recent stay!
Thank you for sharing it in you review!
We can't wait to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to visit Belfast, and after some research we decided on the Fitzwilliam because of its location, and amenities.

The pros:

You can't beat the location. If you are attending an event at Ulster Hall it is about 5 mins walking. Deanes EIPIC is about 2 minutes away. You can get to City Hall/High street all in 5-10 minutes walking.

Really good service. Very attentive in relation to room service (we made use of the option the first night as we were a bit tired from travelling), the concierge service, and the bar/lounge staff who made everything feel so effortless for us.

Their room size/quality is quite good, and the bathrooms are quite adequate for 2 people (bathtub and shower included). We both thought it was a nice room (we had an executive King room) to relax in when we got back from playing tourist, and after attending the commencement of the Christmas market.

Can't think of anything that I would mark as "needs a bit of improvement" with this hotel, as our stay was pleasant and the service very consistent. Sadly, we were not able to have a meal at the restaurant because of some timing issues (ended up taking a bit longer to see the Titanic exhibit which I definitely recommend), so I cant comment on the quality of the restaurant.

In conclusion, my wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and if we do decide to come back to Belfast, this will definitely be the hotel we come back to.

1  Thank JuanASL

Dear JuanASL,

Thank you for you lovely feedback.

The team will be delighted to hear your kind comments.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for the night for our anniversary. The hotel is very nice, really helpful and friendly staff and the rooms are nicely styled with plenty of room and a comfortable bed.
However, there were a couple of things that just meant the experience wasn't perfect.
Firstly, parking. I don't know why the amenities show parking as the hotel has none. McCauslands was full as was the car park around the corner which meant that we had to park quite a distance from the hotel.
Secondly, the room got really hot during the night. Whilst it is air-conditioned, the temperature was set at 22 celcius and we couldn't turn it down (the controller would not allow me to lower the temperature even though it was set to cool). After waking up due to being too hot for the 3rd time I turned it off and opened the window, but this meant we could hear all the road noise. So despite the nice room and comfortable bed I had a really restless nights sleep.
The breakfast in the hotel is really good, plenty of choice (all good quality stuff) at the continental buffet and the full cooked breakfast was delicious.
The toiletries etc supplied are all very nice.
I would return but check the ac controller works when checking in and ask to move if it wasn't.

Dear Gsav74,

Thank you for the review. I am very happy to hear that you would return to stay with us again!
Let me take this opportunity to advise you that the Fitzwilliam Hotel does offer valet car parking service, which unfortunately has to be pre-booked due to the limited spaces.
I am disappointed to hear about the issue with the AC in your room. We are very sorry for the inconvenience but we are looking forward to welcome you back to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 16 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2nights at the weekend and was really impressed. Check in quick and girl on reception really nice and welcoming, concierge a great help with any questions we may of had.
Reception area is beautiful and has a lovely gas fire, bar and restaurant is ok, just think for a 5star hotel it could be more upmarket. We just had breakfast in the hotel and it was cooked to order and was beautiful, walk to bedrooms is lovely, nice carpets and mirrors on every bedroom door along the corridors, we stayed in executive king room and it was lovely but a bit small.. bed really comfortable.
Overall really enjoyed our stay here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LaurenHodson, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2018

Dear moreholidaysthebette,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent visit to the Fitzwilliam Hotel, Belfast.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. we pride ourselves on our product and service and love when it is appreciated by our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest Regards
Lauren Hodson
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 16 November 2018

When you walk in you immediately get a sense of the extra quality the hotel has. Everything is well presented and immaculate, you could argue almost to the point of being clinically so, but then the reception from the staff and little personal touches you see here and there brings across a more rounded warmth to your stay. The rooms are spotless, excellently appointed and well thought out, I mean it makes total sense to put shower controls on the opposite wall, why don't more hotels do that? Its the extra details and personal touches though which make the difference, like the nightly turn down service with chocolates and next day weather forecast, GHD hairdryer, USB charging plugs and your own personal umbrella to use. Breakfast was good, maybe the continental option could have had a bit more choice but if it wasn't there you just asked and it duly arrived. No bother, no fuss, just brilliant service. All in all, why stay anywhere else?

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear weewebbo,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful comments with regards your recent stay.

I am delighted you enjoyed your time so much and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest Regards