Reviews (4 132)
4 132 results
2 665
2 665
All reviews opera house turn down service beautiful hotel mini bar central location hotel bar from start to finish a lovely stay top class city hall executive room afternoon tea cooked breakfast stayed for one night concierge bath sofa
321 - 326 of 4 132 reviews
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went away together to the Fitzwilliam for my 25th birthday. First of all our dinner was booked for 7:30pm, 8:30pm and we were still sitting with our empty starters plates. For both mains we ordered steaks, Darren wanted his medium to well done and I wanted mine blue. Our steaks came and the blood was running out of his and we didn't receive any steak knives, we had to use our butter knives to cut them. Then the waiters obviously forgot about us because we sat for so long before one waiter came over and took our plates off us at 9:00pm (2 hours for a starter and a main) and Darren then said about the steak and the waiter said about getting a manager down and we sat for another 45 minutes waiting. We then got up and asked if we could get a desert menu because our waiter kept walking past us and didn't come near us and a manger didn't come down to us. We felt like we were forgot about the whole evening and we got 200ml of water at the start of the evening and no refills. No one topped our water up. We left the restaurant at 10pm. Won't be back!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carla H
Reviewed 18 August 2018

I will definitely recommend the fitz William Hotel to anyone visiting Belfast. It’s great located, beautiful decorated in the lobby and I loved everything about it. The rooms are relaxed and luxurious at the same time. Very friendly and happy staff too.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Decided to choose this hotels restaurant for our tenth wedding anniversary and it’s one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made. So many mistakes and poor service but to summarise it took an age to bring our wine, had to remind the waitress twice, then our starters arrived before the wine so asked for it to be taken away, then the wine was brought but had to wait for the food!! Again reminded the waitress and when the food did eventually arrive it was dried up from sitting under a grill! Had enough at this stage and decided to leave but was informed we had to pay for the wine even though we had one glass poured each. I contacted the hotel TWICE by email after this and got no response. Much better places in Belfast to eat and stay don’t waste your time here.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cdforever
Reviewed 18 August 2018

The location is central to the main attractions of Belfast, the rooms are tastefully decorated and pretty amazing. The staff are friendly and personable. The reason for the four stars rather than the five was that the restaurant food was underwhelming and overpriced. Restaurant aside, this is a really nice hotel, my suggestion would be to stay at the hotel but eat at one of the many excellent restaurants in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful modern hotel in the heart of Belfast. Pure luxury from the minute you enter the hotel. Staff are helpful and friendly and made me feel so welcome. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. The beds are comfortable and the added extras like an umbrella etc in the room where just so useful and handy. We went for the bed and breakfast option. The breakfast is held in the restuarant on the first floor, their is a buffet with cereals, breads, pastries, drinks, cheese/meats, fruit etc and then a hot breakfast menu. I went for the full breakfast and it was presently beautifully, not too much and not too little. The waiter staff were attentive and kept us topped up with warm toast and hot drinks, we could have sat as long as we'd liked and it was a lovely relaxed modern atmosphere. Would highly recommend!

Date of stay: February 2018