“Summer evening meal”

Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Called at 5.30 for an early dinner, four of us seated quickly without a reservation. The meals were the salmon x 2 the sea bass and Cajun chicken and ribs. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meals which were generous portions, food was fresh and cooked well. Service was a little slow as there was just one waitress serving, she did a good job but was very busy. The only issue we had was it was an extremely hot day and there was no air con or even a fan which made the room uncomfortable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went for Sunday lunch excellent choices for vegitarian as well as meat eaters!! My daughters who are fussy like sausages and they had 3 types of sausage to choose from , my husband and son in law opted for beef that was melt in your mouth !!! Myself the veggie had cauliflower and beocolku bake that was to die for served with veggie gravy and as much veg as you can eat !!! The vegetables were also fantastic the best swede I’ve ever tasted along with mash and boiled potatoes carrots peas cabbage and Brussels sprouts absolutely an amazing lunch - thankyou to the amazing chef !! It has got to be said that the staff there were also excellent lots of them to hand and nothing too much trouble , I definitely can recommend this place and I can’t wair to return ❤️

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Service was very poor and slow, one waitress running the bar, serving tables and cleaning up. over 40 people there and the poor girl was run ragged. Food arrived in a timely manner but was not presented very well and the side dishes were just dumped on the table. BBQ ribs did not have any BBQ flavor and the chicken was plain in some bits and had cajun spices in other bits. Chips were hard as if they had been in the hot plate for some time.
Probably won't go back

1  Thank awdaccountancy
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

The food here is such good value for money and we never have a bad meal. There were 20 of us eating the last time, the service was superb and all meals were out within a couple of minutes! Not a single compliant. The staff are hardworking and friendly. Would highly recommend

Reviewed 8 May 2018

This pub has a traditional setting and a good atmosphere. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We took along our two year old granddaughter who at the best of times is impatient, however, this was not a problem as our order appeared in less than ten minutes. There was a choice of beef, turkey or pork [vegetarian available] with large portions of vegetables. The meat was tender and the gravy was exceptional. I enjoyed the roast potatoes which were crispy and soft in the middle. If I am going to be critical on a level to suit my taste buds, then I felt the sprouts were slightly overcooked and roast parsnip would have been a nice addition. All in all a really enjoyable meal.