Swansea Marriott Hotel
Village Hotel Swansea(Swansea)(Great Value!)
US$60
Hotels.com
US$120
The Alexander(Swansea)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$72
Travelodge Swansea M4(Swansea)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$166
US$155
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront Hotel(Swansea)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Reviews (1 105)
1 105 results
All reviewstwo double bedsmarina viewrestaurant stafffourth floorcar parkpublic areascity centrefree parkingreception areawedding receptionstayed here for one nightsea frontreception staffpoached eggsbreakfast was excellentlovely locationsaturday night
292 - 297 of 1 105 reviews
Reviewed 28 August 2016

stayed for 7 days for family visit with 2 adults and 3 kids. stayed in 2x double bed room with view of marina docks. couldn't make use of the view because the windows were very dirty on the outside and when i asked for it to be cleaned i was told the window cleaner is away for another 2 weeks and the blurry view is normal because of the sea! The breakfast was nice but got bad stomach and sometimes there wasn't enough room in the dining area so we had to wait 10 mins with baby in my arms. There is a 4.50 tray charge to bring food to your room although jug of water and ice is free delivered. i ordered food to the room and they made mistake and charged me double and i wouldn't have noticed if i hadn't asked for a copy of the tab.
The Swansea Bay is 2 mins walk from the front door which is great and 15mins walk to Swansea quadrant shopping centre. There is Plantasia nearby which is a large garden conservatory and LC2 indoor water park (8min walk) which you MUST visit if you have kids £23 family fee.
This hotel lacks hospitality all around, no smiling faces, no complimentary anything, no wishes fulfilled. also getting someone on the phone is 50/50 chance. The rooms are also old and need a refurbishment. The air conditioner in particular is extremely noisy even on Low setting, it is impossible to sleep with it on and when you first switch it on then there is a strong smell of cheesy socks which can last for some time. There is mould on the windows sils and carpet doesnt get hoovered properly or just looks really dirty. The carpet on the main staircase hasnt been hoovered in months and there is dust everywhere. This hotel should be 3/5 but because it has Marriott brand name they get away with better.

Room Tip: family rooms large, beach 2 mins walk, A/C very noisy, very old fashioned hotel, Marina view is rubbish get the Sea view
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 29 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I appreciate the level of feedback you have provided and it is always disappointing when a guest leaves the hotel dissatisfied.

I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the air-conditioning unit in your room. On receipt of this information I will ensure our Engineering team carry out a inspection, as these are new units.

Please accept my most sincere apologies that the cleanliness of your room was not to standard during your stay with us. I assure you this is not our usual standard of service and I will be investigating this further. In the meantime, I have discussed your concerns in depth with my Housekeeping Manager.

I have also taken on board your feedback regarding breakfast, this information has been shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Again, our apologies that some aspects of your stay were not what you expected. I sincerely hope this isolated incident will not deter you from visiting the Swansea Marriott Hotel again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Arrived at hotel having booked a wheelchair accessible room for 4 nights. The wetroom was great but unfortunately there was a step that prevented the wheelchair entering the room. Mentioned to staff and within 15 minutes the maintenance team had done a temporary fix. Throughout our stay all the staff were great. They made the hotel a good place to stay.
Was dissappointed with the gym. Extremely small and no treadmill. The recumbant bike that my wife would have used was left next to the pool and wasnt working.
The area around the hotel was ok but the whole waterside/marina area was rundown. Needed weeding as they were taking over and everywhere needed a clean/wash and a coat of paint.
The promenade area was a decent place to walk- during the day. At night it was taken over by "lowlife" who were smashed out of their brains and very intimidating. Broken glass all over the pavement as well as 100's of cans and bottles.
I realise this is not the hotels fault but local council sgould take note and sort. If they dont it will put people off visiting the area.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Stayed here last weekend. Booked at last minute and paid £151 for a double room. The room was no better than a Travel Lodge or Premier Inn and in fact the room was smaller. The water in the shower and bath was almost impossible to regulate and alternated between scalding and cold. When we complained we were told Oh it shouldn't be like that have you tried adjusting the temperature! The bathroom tiles needed re grouting. There was only tea and coffee no herb teas or decaff tea and they had generously left a packet with 2 small biscuits in. The food was ok but overall the place was ridiculously overpriced. For that amount of money you could stay in a lovely hotel with a bit of character and get breakfast included.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 29 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Please accept my most sincere apologies that your room was not to standard during your stay with us. I assure you this is not our usual standard of service and I will be investigating this further. In the meantime, I have discussed your concerns in depth with my Housekeeping Manager and Maintenance Manager.

Thank you again for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention which will give us the opportunity to put corrective measures in place.

Kind regards

Reviewed 23 August 2016

As Marriott rewards members we regularly use this chain of hotels as a pleasant experience is always certain! Not this time unfortunately......firstly there was confusion over the room as we were booked into a family room & we were given a double by mistake! That was corrected by a male receptionist who was surly & made no eye contact with us!! Our room when we eventually got there was very worn & tired & although we had a marina view we couldn't get a view at all as the windows were filthy! Our evening meal was ok only with my husbands fish & chips were all batter so he really had to fish for the fish!
Breakfast put the tin hat on it when I ordered an omlette & it came out looking like an anaemic pancake with no cheese & raw in the middle.....I had to put it to one side & decided to try the cooked buffet instead! Again the black pudding was raw so i decided to give up.....needless to say £191 was very hard to swallow also....wake up Swansea Marriott!

Room Tip: No tips sorry
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary O
Management response:Responded 28 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please let me assure you this is not our usual standard of service and I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams.

Again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Swansea.

Yours faithfully

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Car park was easy to find and reception was just a short walk which was just as well as it was raining cats and dogs.

receptionist was welcoming and efficient and we were on our way to the 4th floor in minutes. However, the large window shelf had a huge puddle of water which must have come in thru a window leak so we called Carys in reception who allocated us another room and was enroute to us on the 4th floor within minutes.

The second room had 2 double beds but maybe not the deluxe room we had originally booked however we knew the hotel was rather full so we went with it.

The facilities in the room were quite dated and likewise the bathroom - all needed a bit of a spruce up.

Only one night stay but we sampled the food in the bar which took a while to arrive but was very good when it did.

Breakfast was excellent and a buffet style where you choose what and how much you want. the staff were very good at breakfast too.

All in all the hotel needs a bit of decorating and some new furniture but it was still one I would return to.

Room Tip: sea view on 4th floor
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We value your comments regarding the hotel and condition and please let me assure you, they have been taken on board.

I sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards