“very poor mediocre food very poor service”

Miller and Carter Killay
Ranked #279 of 717 Restaurants in Swansea
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

my wife and I called on the 2nd of april at 3.15 the waitress took our order we then waited for 55 minutes for our meal to arrive my wife enjoyed her meal of chicke I ordered sea bass which was over cooked the veg was luke warm we finished our meal and sat for 35 minutes with dirty dishes in front of us not even being asked for our dessert order we complained and left wont be returning very disappointed also tables far to close to each other

2  Thank jeffo786

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked a few days previous.
On entering the restaurant was impressed with the initial new decoration compared to the run down previous restaurant ,Toby .
Quite busy for an afternoon.
Shown to our table. Young miserable inexperienced waitress served us.
She had no customer service at all, she didn't want to be there.
She kept going missing every time we wanted something, drinks etc. she was in hiding
The food was average for what you are actually paying for.
Miller and Carter want to look at their Recruitment and Training Policy of their staff.
At the moment its not working !
Not as good as was expected !

1  Thank BURLEYCHASSEY
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Been to the lovely venue in Cardiff so came with high hopes.
We were a party of three.
We ordered our steaks with different sides to share between the 3 of us.
I ordered a rib eye but when the food arrived I was given a Tbone...apologies made and it was sent back. After 10 minutes, it came back but was cooked blue instead of the requested m/r. Was sent back and after a further 10 mins came back .
This meant I had to eat alone with cold sides.
No management apology given even though we were promised a manager would come to talk to us.
It is quite expensive so you expect the service to match.
The steaks were very tasty but the experience was disappointing.

3  Thank Jon C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went to this establishment with high hopes after several excellent meals and experiences in Thorne Hill. The steak was fine but the service was lax. We had to request our drinks order on separate occasions. The lettuce loaf and steak knives were provided following the main course, of which was steak. I have to say I was disappointed, and will be returning to previously attended establishments in the future.

2  Thank clairer571
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely steak, well cooked and great quality. It's not cheap but it's good stuff and good value for the quality you get.

Only reason I wouldn't give it 5 was the chips were over salted for me.