“Underwhelming ”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #509 of 730 Restaurants in Swansea
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

After visiting Denny's in the US we knew what to expect. The staff were friendly and despite being busy we were seated quickly. Unfortunately that's where the positives end. We waited 20+ minutes for food after ordering and upon arrival my fries were cold and everything else lukewarm. Aside from the cheese and ham toasted sandwich none of our meals represented the enticing pictures on the menu. They had been put together without care and in a rush. I complained about my fries being cold so I was brought more but were obviously from the bottom of the frier as they just tasted of oil. Better quality and service at Frankie & Benny's with a better range of food for more or less the same price! Won't be going again.

1  Thank Sian F

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived at Denny’s and had to wait 40 minutes before getting a seat but we expected their would be a wait time due to it being a new restaurant and it being Easter. When we arrived they booked us in and said they would call us when it’s ready so we went out shopping and was called so we came straight back. After the wait we give our order, had to wait 10 minutes for our drinks, which came over three trips for only a milkshake, Pepsi and two tap waters, once our food arrived which was about 20 minutes later. On one of our dishes we was given had rice instead of chips when we asked for chips. They did swiftly get chips and didn’t add it to the bill. Also our deserts came separately, we ordered waffles with chocolate but was given a plain waffle with butter. We did ask and they did give us chocolate sauce but no apology. Food was average and some of the food I wouldn’t order again such as the dinner bread was bland, dipping vegetables were on the turn and the bbq sauce on the chicken dippers wasn’t very appetising. We didn’t have a consistent waiter/waitress which didn’t help. A nice place inside but little mistakes which made me feel this review is a 3 out of 5.

1  Thank A-Dymond
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Went Sunday 1pm place lovely and clean staff were very friendly and helpful I had a double cheeseburger with fries burgers looked home made not very tasty either I’m a good eater but I could not Finnish mine . My son enjoyed is meal plus a milkshake. my wife had a club sandwich with fries very nice . We’re there almost 2 hrs food came out after 15 to 20 mins .then we left with 10 very nice pancakes .or and if you should go you must try the pancake puppy’s very tasty as a starter or desert will definitely go back

1  Thank Anthony E
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Despite some awful reviews, my mother and I decided to try Denny's out for ourselves. The restaurant was very busy when we walked up in, but we were seen to quickly. We were informed there was a 35 minute wait, and our name and phone number was taken as they said they would give us a call when a table became available. We were only gone for 10 minutes when we had the call!

We were seated promptly, and our order was taken. The servers were really friendly and accommodating and made you feel very welcome. Our bottomless coffee arrived quickly. Our food took a little longer (perhaps 15-20 minutes) but with the volume of people in the restaurant it was understandable.
We had cheesy scrambled eggs, bacon, hash brown, and pancakes.. all of which were amazing! Food was fresh and very filling.

The only problem was that we were sat right next to the kitchen, meaning we could see every plate of food that came out. It all looked so lovely, we now have no option but to go back and try one of everything on the menu!

I would highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Thanks to Perry our waiter, enjoyed all our food no complaints, will be going back with my friends. Try the cream egg milkshake omg.pretty good comparison to Denny’s in USA,many of which I’ve tried, well done.