“Friends Treat ”

Ranked #66 of 479 Restaurants in Newport
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Eaten here a lot of time and always be an enjoyable experience. Staff always nice and helpful. Well not this time, talk about being rushed out. The place is almost empty we were still drinking and eating and our waitress Laura just came and gave us the bill. Then less than 5 minuets returns with card machine!!! We were in the place in total about 40 minuets. Due to this she didn’t get a tip. Then she was moaning to her friend that we didn’t give her a tip. Well here is your tip Laura don’t complain about not getting a tip for your bad service to your friend, when one of the people on that table lip reads !!! Stupid girl
Food was good but this member of staff very poor

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester - Spytty, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Please contact us at 01633 283545 so we can work with you to make this right.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

A friend and I had a lovely lunch here 27/6/2018. The manager was at the desk welcomed us in and sat us down. Our waitress kat was very welcoming and gave us a few minutes to order. Service was quick the food was hot and delicious.salad bar plenty of choice and very fresh. Fantastic restaurant. We will definitely be going back again.

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester - Spytty, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Hi Nicola D, thank you so much for your positive comments about Harvester Newport Retail Park!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Spent a few hours over breakfast , good food and plenty of it .. nice catching up with the management too... not been in a while, good service and always busy which is a good sign ..

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester - Spytty, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help! Mariacentracchio, we are so happy to read such a great review about Harvester Newport Retail Park!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Been here many times . Did stop going for a while as there was a time when you couldn't book a table and used to turn up and be told we had to wait 30 minutes for a table. I'm sorry, but with so much choice in the area we used to go elsewhere. However, as you can now book tables this makes it even more convenient.

The main purpose of the review is to really give Lesley, one of the servers, a great review. She is very usually our waitress when we go as we're creatures of habit and go early evening mid week when she is usually working. Don't go often, but enough to have been served by this lady on a number of occasions. Having run a pub and restaurant myself in the past there's always things I look for and I've got to say she is one of the best people at her job I have come across. When we went tonight, she was training someone else. For me, they couldn't have anyone better at doing that. She is always polite and courteous, always checks that everything is ok, and all in all very good at her job,

I am no friend of hers, and have meant to comment before on here about her service. Yet again tonight she was as consistently good as ever.

She is a credit to the company and I hope I 'm not the only one who has noticed this.

Apart from her service,the food is consistently good and for me good value for money.

Well done as all this this makes me want to come back for more. Despite having a voucher for a competitor nearby for 2 for 1 main meals we chose here, and I'm glad we did.

1  Thank Barry E
General Manager A, Manager at Harvester - Spytty, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help! Barry E, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Despite living in Newport for some time, we have never visited this Harvester before. We have been to the ones in Malpas, Cwmbran an Cardiff. So we thought we would try it.
It was a lovely warm nite, when we arrived. The doors were all open an some were dining outside. We were served quickly an efficiently.
The order was accepted without question as I usually order starters, sides or xtras as my main.
After a delicious meal, we had room left for afters, so we shared an ice cream sundae. There were no problems, no screaming kids, no loud or boisterous adults shouting or kicking off. So a pleasant evening was spent consuming good quality cooked food.
Highly recommended...

Bon appetite.

Hi Paul E, thank you so much for your positive comments about Harvester Newport Retail Park!