“Drinks”

Barley & Rye - Bier Bar and Kitchen
Ranked #50 of 1 414 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Happened to be walking passed and decided to stop for a drink. Lovely decor inside. Reasonably priced fizz too. Friendly staff

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Visited last night as we are in Cardiff for my fiancée’s 30th and we booked here as close to our hotel. We had read the reviews on here which our decision was based upon. On entering it was fairly quiet for a Friday night and we were shown to the dining area at the rear. We went straight for mains and I ordered the dried mushroom and Parmesan crusted chicken and wow! Cooked to perfection with asparagus and red peppers with mash. My fiancée opted for a sirloin, again just perfect. The portions are big but we ate the lot! I managed a chocolate brownie and raspberry cheesecake which was to die for. The staff were friendly and service quick. The kitchen is open to view and I liked that we could see in. It was just fabulous all round and I would highly recommend. My fiancée visited the loos and agreed with other reviews they aren’t good so note to the restaurant management- it’s a small failing which could affect business because you’ve got the food and service just spot on! Try it though as you won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank Trixiebelle76
Reviewed 24 May 2018

We visited Barley and Rye for a meal during my hen weekend in Cardiff. When my sister booked she discussed Gluten Free options as my new mother in law is gluten intolerant and was told that they have a gluten free menu but that there wasn't much choice. But I have to point out that compared to other places we have been the choice was excellent, she and I ended up having the same starter and main course and both were delicious. We will definitely pop in again for a meal when we are in the area.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Had a main course here. I had the venison and my friend had the pork. Both dishes were amazing and a great hearty portion. Would definitely return when next in Cardiff. Service was exceptional

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Booked for a meal here due to most places having a rugby menu for a large event. We were a bit unsure at first but as soon as we arrived we knew it was a good choice. The decor, atmosphere and staff were all good and a very nice, relaxed feeling as soon as we walked in. We were not rushed in any way, which was lovely as it was a catch up meal for 5 of us, some vegetarian, some not. Good food made the meal complete, bearing in mind it is still a pub, so do not expect anything al la carte but better than Weatherspoons, for instance. We all said we would definitely come here again.

Date of visit: April 2018